RSK Labs has raised $1 million to further develop the first smart contracts platform secured by Bitcoin and fully compatible with Ethereum. This successful round allows RSK Labs to expand its current presence in Latin America to Asia, Europe and US, while securing the funding needed to ensure the complete execution of its roadmap.
The round is led by Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer, Coinsilium, a leading Blockchain investment firm based in London and Digital Currency Group, the prolific investor from New York,
RSK is the first open-source smart contract platform with a 2-way peg to Bitcoin that also rewards the Bitcoin miners via merge-mining, allowing them to actively participate in the Smart Contract revolution. RSK adds value and functionality to Bitcoin while creating the most robust and secure smart contract platform in the ecosystem. RSK connects the two most successful Blockchain platforms built to date – Bitcoin and Ethereum – to enable new smart contracting capabilities.
RSK Labs founders believe that decentralized Blockchains with smart contract capabilities will be the driving force behind global financial inclusion, new democratic political systems and the internet of things.
On this issue Barry Silbert, CEO of the DCG Group said:
“Our team at DCG feels that Rootstock developing is important for both the technical and business communities building on blockchain technology today, and will enable many new use cases that have not been possible to date”.
RSK Labs is led by Sergio Lerner, its Chief Scientist Officer, and Diego Gutierrez Zaldívar, its Chief Executive Officer. Sergio is a world-class security and cryptocurrency researcher. He created the first Turing-complete cryptocurrency Blockchain in early 2013, QixCoin, and collaborated to strengthen Bitcoin security as a Core team adviser. Diego has been leading Bitcoin adoption in Latin America for more than three years creating some of the strongest grassroots Bitcoin communities in the world. Their combined understanding of the technical, economical and social impact effects of Blockchain technologies have shaped the unique and transformative company culture behind RSK Labs.
Eddy Travia, CEO of Coinsilium, stated:
”I am very proud that Coinsilium supports the talented Rootstock team to develop a platform enabling smart contracts secured by the Bitcoin Blockchain which I see as an essential element in the transition to a world of Blockchain-based solutions for enterprises and public organizations.”
RSK private testnet will be opened by the end of April to a small number of miners, partner companies and users. During the following months, wallets, block explorers and further enhancements to the network will be implemented by the company and its partners and a public fully functional Beta testnet is expected to be launched in September 2016.
Meanwhile, the RSK team continues to strengthen its relationships with Bitcoin miners, who are a fundamental pillar of the project. RSK provides them with the opportunity to use all their installed capacity to run decentralized smart contracts while merge-mining RSK, creating an additional revenue stream in their current business model.
Wu Jihan, CEO of Bitmain Technology, commented:
“Rootstock is the most exciting opportunity for me among the startups in the Bitcoin ecosystem. The tidal wave of startups developing smart contract solutions based on RSK will bring countless miracles”
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020