The Blockchain Tech Lab has been launched to address growing concerns about the blockchain skills gap. Taking place at Runway East at Finsbury Square, in the heart of London’s tech and financial districts, the course runs between 11th and 17th April 2016.
The week-long series of developer-focused sessions brings experts from leading blockchain technology companies around the world to upskill and teach attendees about different applications of the blockchain. Sessions are split between both practical and theory to enable participants to truly grasp the nature and potential of the blockchain applications in the presence of those who built them. The week culminates with a weekend “blockathon” event, which is open to the public to participate.
We are delighted to be launching the week-long Blockchain Tech Lab and to welcome developers who are looking at working within the blockchain space. We are bringing together top minds from around the world who are at the forefront of blockchain innovation, such as Rootstock, Blockstream and Ethcore. Given the growing skills gap across all industries currently looking at blockchain solutions, this course serves as an excellent way for developers to familiarise themselves with the technology and to practice their new skills and understanding,” said Hakim Mamoni, CTO of Coinsilium.
The five-day course is split into different blockchain specialities with each one taught by different experts from leading companies.
- Monday 11th April Bitcoin Blockchain with Blockstream and Rootstock
- Tuesday 12th April Ethereum blockchain with Ethcore
- Wednesday 13th April Private blockchains with Openchain
- Thursday 14th April Assets and Data with Open Asset Protocol and Factom
- Friday 15th April Securitization with Ledger and Rivetz
Tickets for the Blockchain Tech Lab are limited in number, and priced at £2,500 for a week-long ticket to all sessions, £1,250 for a two day ticket and £750 for a one day ticket. All prices are ex VAT and are available at http://blockchaintechlab.com/sign-up-now/ with discounts available for ticket purchases of 4 or more, and to start-ups and freelancers.
The five-day course culminates in the SILK Ventures sponsored ‘Blockathon’ a hackathon made up of Innovation Challenges, open to all and running from the Friday evening.
Held at Silk 39 in Canary Wharf, Blockathon teams of 3-5 people will take on Innovation Challenges using blockchain solutions. Those attending the course will have an additional edge having learnt how to apply the theory of ground-breaking blockchain solutions during the week.
Blockchain Tech Lab info trailer
Tickets for the blockathon are open to the public, and priced at £20 per person.
Blockathon info trailer
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019