The Blockchain Tech Lab has been launched to address growing concerns about the blockchain skills gap. Taking place at Runway East at Finsbury Square, in the heart of London’s tech and financial districts, the course runs between 11th and 17th April 2016.
The week-long series of developer-focused sessions brings experts from leading blockchain technology companies around the world to upskill and teach attendees about different applications of the blockchain. Sessions are split between both practical and theory to enable participants to truly grasp the nature and potential of the blockchain applications in the presence of those who built them. The week culminates with a weekend “blockathon” event, which is open to the public to participate.
We are delighted to be launching the week-long Blockchain Tech Lab and to welcome developers who are looking at working within the blockchain space. We are bringing together top minds from around the world who are at the forefront of blockchain innovation, such as Rootstock, Blockstream and Ethcore. Given the growing skills gap across all industries currently looking at blockchain solutions, this course serves as an excellent way for developers to familiarise themselves with the technology and to practice their new skills and understanding,” said Hakim Mamoni, CTO of Coinsilium.
The five-day course is split into different blockchain specialities with each one taught by different experts from leading companies.
- Monday 11th April Bitcoin Blockchain with Blockstream and Rootstock
- Tuesday 12th April Ethereum blockchain with Ethcore
- Wednesday 13th April Private blockchains with Openchain
- Thursday 14th April Assets and Data with Open Asset Protocol and Factom
- Friday 15th April Securitization with Ledger and Rivetz
Tickets for the Blockchain Tech Lab are limited in number, and priced at £2,500 for a week-long ticket to all sessions, £1,250 for a two day ticket and £750 for a one day ticket. All prices are ex VAT and are available at http://blockchaintechlab.com/sign-up-now/ with discounts available for ticket purchases of 4 or more, and to start-ups and freelancers.
The five-day course culminates in the SILK Ventures sponsored ‘Blockathon’ a hackathon made up of Innovation Challenges, open to all and running from the Friday evening.
Held at Silk 39 in Canary Wharf, Blockathon teams of 3-5 people will take on Innovation Challenges using blockchain solutions. Those attending the course will have an additional edge having learnt how to apply the theory of ground-breaking blockchain solutions during the week.
Blockchain Tech Lab info trailer
Tickets for the blockathon are open to the public, and priced at £20 per person.
Blockathon info trailer
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019