The Blockchain Tech Lab has been launched to address growing concerns about the blockchain skills gap. Taking place at Runway East at Finsbury Square, in the heart of London’s tech and financial districts, the course runs between 11th and 17th April 2016.
The week-long series of developer-focused sessions brings experts from leading blockchain technology companies around the world to upskill and teach attendees about different applications of the blockchain. Sessions are split between both practical and theory to enable participants to truly grasp the nature and potential of the blockchain applications in the presence of those who built them. The week culminates with a weekend “blockathon” event, which is open to the public to participate.
We are delighted to be launching the week-long Blockchain Tech Lab and to welcome developers who are looking at working within the blockchain space. We are bringing together top minds from around the world who are at the forefront of blockchain innovation, such as Rootstock, Blockstream and Ethcore. Given the growing skills gap across all industries currently looking at blockchain solutions, this course serves as an excellent way for developers to familiarise themselves with the technology and to practice their new skills and understanding,” said Hakim Mamoni, CTO of Coinsilium.
The five-day course is split into different blockchain specialities with each one taught by different experts from leading companies.
- Monday 11th April Bitcoin Blockchain with Blockstream and Rootstock
- Tuesday 12th April Ethereum blockchain with Ethcore
- Wednesday 13th April Private blockchains with Openchain
- Thursday 14th April Assets and Data with Open Asset Protocol and Factom
- Friday 15th April Securitization with Ledger and Rivetz
Tickets for the Blockchain Tech Lab are limited in number, and priced at £2,500 for a week-long ticket to all sessions, £1,250 for a two day ticket and £750 for a one day ticket. All prices are ex VAT and are available at http://blockchaintechlab.com/sign-up-now/ with discounts available for ticket purchases of 4 or more, and to start-ups and freelancers.
The five-day course culminates in the SILK Ventures sponsored ‘Blockathon’ a hackathon made up of Innovation Challenges, open to all and running from the Friday evening.
Held at Silk 39 in Canary Wharf, Blockathon teams of 3-5 people will take on Innovation Challenges using blockchain solutions. Those attending the course will have an additional edge having learnt how to apply the theory of ground-breaking blockchain solutions during the week.
Blockchain Tech Lab info trailer
Tickets for the blockathon are open to the public, and priced at £20 per person.
Blockathon info trailer
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019