Blockchain Intelligence firm Skry – formerly known as Coinalytics – today unveiled a new name and logo, along with the addition of industry experts to its team. Dr. Akash Singh, former CTO Data Science at Huawei & Chief Researcher/Architect at IBM, will join Skry as Chief Technology Officer. As well as Dr. Masoud Nikravesh, a distinguished researcher with over 25 years of experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence as former Computational Science and Engineering (CSE) Director at CITRIS, UC Berkeley and Visiting Scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, who joins the company as Chief Data Scientist.
“We are honored to have Akash and Masoud join our team,” said Fabio Federici, Cofounder and CEO at Skry. “Their extraordinary abilities in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence will prove to be an invaluable asset as we build and expand our business.”
“The reasoning behind the rebranding is to highlight our vision to converge the Blockchain, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence into the most advanced analytics platform for enterprises and financial institutions. While our first solution is focused on compliance and anti-money laundering for the Bitcoin Blockchain, we are really developing a platform that can be deployed agnostically of the underlying Blockchain and can adapt to any domain,” Federici continued.
Newly appointed Chief Technology Officer Dr. Akash Singh will be leading the development of the platform. In the past Dr. Singh developed petabyte scale parallel processing systems, analytics platforms and sophisticated cluster monitoring tools. He holds a PhD in Artificial Intelligence and is best known for championing the machine learning and probabilistic approach to Artificial Intelligence and Big Data problems. He brought together machine learning and computational complexity, leading to advances in artificial intelligence. His profound vision in applied mathematics, computer science and cognitive theory has been combined with other methods to build machine learning and knowledge representation, like IBM’s ‘Watson’ computing system. He was the Architect for the IBM project for over ten years, has been recognized by numerous industry awards and is a sought after keynote speaker.
“We are entering a new era of computing and Skry is developing cutting-edge technologies and solutions for the Blockchain industry – initially focusing on financial services,” said Dr. Singh. “I truly believe the Blockchain will change the way we perform transactions and allow for a new kind of applications enabled by smart contracts. This presents a once in a generation opportunity and I am excited to be part of Skry’s innovation and leadership team. We will advance Artificial Intelligence and Big Data infrastructure in order to make it easily accessible to the enterprise, uniquely positioning Skry to capitalize on the promise of this emerging technology.”
Complementing Dr. Singh’s work on the platform will be Dr. Masoud Nikravesh, who will contribute to the platform’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Over the past 25 years, his research has been focused on the development of novel algorithms for advanced predictive analytics and statistical analysis & modeling. His main focus has been on the application of soft computing (fuzzy logic, neuro computing, deep learning, genetic & evolutionary computing) and machine learning for pattern recognition, data mining & fusion with uncertain and incomplete information, as well as predictive, prescriptive and behavioral analytics. This includes risk analysis and prediction models such as credit risk scoring or anomaly detection for anti fraud solutions.
“Skry is at the forefront of applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to turn the Blockchain into actionable insights, which will have a crucial impact on the future of this technology, beyond Bitcoin. That’s why I am delighted to be part of this venture and explore new frontiers in science, technology and innovation,” said Dr. Nikravesh.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020