Computershare and SETL, the Blockchain startup founded by former Chi-X chief Peter Randall, have announced a joint initiative to establish securities ownership registers using Blockchain technology.
The joint initiative will focus initially on the Australian market and will examine the practicalities of establishing an immutable register of securities ownership using Blockchain technology.
Computershare will play the lead role in bringing together issuers, asset owners, brokers, regulators and market infrastructure providers to propose an open platform which meets the needs of all industry participants. SETL will provide its Blockchain technology and expertise to establish a financial-grade solution for this initiative in Australia.
“Computershare is uniquely placed to appreciate how Blockchain technology will be specifically applied in maintaining ownership registers. We are already the keeper of definitive legal ownership – the ‘Golden Record’ – for our issuer clients and their stakeholders,” stated Paul Conn, President of Global Capital Markets for Computershare. “We chose to work with SETL because they have demonstrable working technology coupled with a deep bench of financial services expertise and experience.”
Peter Randall, the CEO of SETL stated:
“We are excited to be working with Computershare on this joint initiative. They have an unrivalled position in understanding the needs and requirements of issuers and owners alike. Their focus on client servicing and their understanding of the lifecycle of securities issuance and ownership makes them natural leaders in this field.”
The initial phase will engage a “broad group of participants” and will be used to build on SETL’s existing working prototype for transferring ownership of securities. The result is expected to be an open platform which can meet a variety of needs including those of issuers, owners, brokers, custodians, regulators, market infrastructure providers and registrars.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019