RISE Financial Technologies (RISE), a provider of distributed ledger technology for both post-trade settlement and securities safekeeping, has become the first technology firm to launch the second generation of blockchain for the post-trade sector.
“Distributed ledger technology is being hyped as the solution to fundamentally change the way key parts of the post-trade process – primarily clearing, settlement and safekeeping – work”, said Thorsten Peisl, CEO of RISE. “But for this to happen, the technology has to be re-imagined and re-designed from the ground up so that its attributes are specifically matched to the particular needs of the post-trade sector.”
He continued: “RISE is the first firm to apply the next iteration of blockchain technology to settlement and securities safekeeping.”
RISE’s technology combines the best of traditional database technology, such as performance and confidentiality between trading counterparties, with key benefits associated with de-centralised ledgers such as data integrity or immutability.
However, RISE’s solution goes beyond just technology.
“The firm has put a lot of thought into what is needed for successful deployment in terms of how to embrace industry standards, align with current regulation, and how to handle the governance of the network in future”, says Ruud Sleenhoff, a former Chairman of the EBF for post-trading and advisor to RISE.
RISE also confirmed that it is testing its solutions with a number of leading financial institutions including banks, custodians, and CSDs. It is expected that the outcome of the testing will be published in the second half of 2016.
The core attributes of RISE’s technology are de-centralised ledger qualities and permissioned transparency, which gives access to different types of information depending on who you are. So investors have sight and control over their assets but not those of other participants; issuers have a view but no control into final beneficiaries; financial institutions (ledger operators/validators) have access to client information; and regulators have a complete view of the information in their jurisdiction in real-time but no direct control over the assets.
These qualities are applied to ensure any ‘single point of failure’ inherent in many technology systems is removed and guarantees data integrity. As a pure technology provider, there is no operational dependency on RISE itself.
RISE is also looking to set up parallel industry verticals where additional financial institutions will be invited to join the firm’s existing test network.
Established in 2014, RISE’s management team comprises senior executives who have previously worked at leading financial institutions including State Street and Deutsche Bank. At the beginning of 2015, RISE acquired Cryptosphere Systems, one of the first technology firms to specialise in distributed systems. In mid 2015, RISE engaged economics consultancy Oxera to explore regulatory and economic aspects of a distributed post-trade environment.
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019