In an ironic twist of fate, an ex-military nuclear bunker and data center operation called BunkerChain Labs inc. has been tasked with enabling a “war games” protocol built entirely on a Blockchain, the software technology that began with bitcoin. This new project, code named “Peerplays”, uses a high speed program called Graphene to automatically connect players from all around the world and enable online gaming and wagering that is highly resistant against cheating.
In the 1983 hit movie “War Games” a supercomputer called WOPR mistook a computer game for real-life, and almost set off a Global Thermonuclear War. Lucky for us, Peerplays is programmed to remain neutral. This new Blockchain database will contain a public record of gaming history that allows auditors to prove afterwards that games are being played without manipulation.
“With this level of transparency, we never have to worry about a computer accidently attempting to execute a nuclear first strike, so to speak,” said Jonathan Baha’i, Blockchain solutions consultant for Peerplays and owner of the bunker,
“since we are now on the verge of a major shift in the gaming industry, advancements in decentralized Blockchain architecture allow for auditable gaming and make it nearly impossible for players to be scammed, defrauded or ripped off by gaming providers.”
Today most online gaming websites are located in loosely regulated offshore jurisdictions, and players have no way to verify whether they are being cheated by the “house” or by other players. Peerplays solves this problem with a peer-to-peer network where players are matched against each other and funds are held and released automatically to the winners through Blockchain-based programs called Smart Contracts.
“Blockchain projects need to stop playing in the sandbox, and start solving real world problems,” said Neil Haran, a developer for the Peerplays project,
“And Peerplays is looking to solve many of the core issues which now plague the online gaming industry.”
BunkerChain Labs, a custodian on behalf of Peerplays, has opened a crowdfund to allow bitcoin holders to participate in further development of Peerplays. Contributors receive PEERPLAYS tokens for their support at www.peerplays.com.
BunkerChain Labs Inc., founded in 2015, provides software development services to meet the growing demand for custom, high-performance Blockchains and related applications.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019