In an ironic twist of fate, an ex-military nuclear bunker and data center operation called BunkerChain Labs inc. has been tasked with enabling a “war games” protocol built entirely on a Blockchain, the software technology that began with bitcoin. This new project, code named “Peerplays”, uses a high speed program called Graphene to automatically connect players from all around the world and enable online gaming and wagering that is highly resistant against cheating.
In the 1983 hit movie “War Games” a supercomputer called WOPR mistook a computer game for real-life, and almost set off a Global Thermonuclear War. Lucky for us, Peerplays is programmed to remain neutral. This new Blockchain database will contain a public record of gaming history that allows auditors to prove afterwards that games are being played without manipulation.
“With this level of transparency, we never have to worry about a computer accidently attempting to execute a nuclear first strike, so to speak,” said Jonathan Baha’i, Blockchain solutions consultant for Peerplays and owner of the bunker,
“since we are now on the verge of a major shift in the gaming industry, advancements in decentralized Blockchain architecture allow for auditable gaming and make it nearly impossible for players to be scammed, defrauded or ripped off by gaming providers.”
Today most online gaming websites are located in loosely regulated offshore jurisdictions, and players have no way to verify whether they are being cheated by the “house” or by other players. Peerplays solves this problem with a peer-to-peer network where players are matched against each other and funds are held and released automatically to the winners through Blockchain-based programs called Smart Contracts.
“Blockchain projects need to stop playing in the sandbox, and start solving real world problems,” said Neil Haran, a developer for the Peerplays project,
“And Peerplays is looking to solve many of the core issues which now plague the online gaming industry.”
BunkerChain Labs, a custodian on behalf of Peerplays, has opened a crowdfund to allow bitcoin holders to participate in further development of Peerplays. Contributors receive PEERPLAYS tokens for their support at www.peerplays.com.
BunkerChain Labs Inc., founded in 2015, provides software development services to meet the growing demand for custom, high-performance Blockchains and related applications.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020