In an ironic twist of fate, an ex-military nuclear bunker and data center operation called BunkerChain Labs inc. has been tasked with enabling a “war games” protocol built entirely on a Blockchain, the software technology that began with bitcoin. This new project, code named “Peerplays”, uses a high speed program called Graphene to automatically connect players from all around the world and enable online gaming and wagering that is highly resistant against cheating.
In the 1983 hit movie “War Games” a supercomputer called WOPR mistook a computer game for real-life, and almost set off a Global Thermonuclear War. Lucky for us, Peerplays is programmed to remain neutral. This new Blockchain database will contain a public record of gaming history that allows auditors to prove afterwards that games are being played without manipulation.
“With this level of transparency, we never have to worry about a computer accidently attempting to execute a nuclear first strike, so to speak,” said Jonathan Baha’i, Blockchain solutions consultant for Peerplays and owner of the bunker,
“since we are now on the verge of a major shift in the gaming industry, advancements in decentralized Blockchain architecture allow for auditable gaming and make it nearly impossible for players to be scammed, defrauded or ripped off by gaming providers.”
Today most online gaming websites are located in loosely regulated offshore jurisdictions, and players have no way to verify whether they are being cheated by the “house” or by other players. Peerplays solves this problem with a peer-to-peer network where players are matched against each other and funds are held and released automatically to the winners through Blockchain-based programs called Smart Contracts.
“Blockchain projects need to stop playing in the sandbox, and start solving real world problems,” said Neil Haran, a developer for the Peerplays project,
“And Peerplays is looking to solve many of the core issues which now plague the online gaming industry.”
BunkerChain Labs, a custodian on behalf of Peerplays, has opened a crowdfund to allow bitcoin holders to participate in further development of Peerplays. Contributors receive PEERPLAYS tokens for their support at www.peerplays.com.
BunkerChain Labs Inc., founded in 2015, provides software development services to meet the growing demand for custom, high-performance Blockchains and related applications.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019