In an ironic twist of fate, an ex-military nuclear bunker and data center operation called BunkerChain Labs inc. has been tasked with enabling a “war games” protocol built entirely on a Blockchain, the software technology that began with bitcoin. This new project, code named “Peerplays”, uses a high speed program called Graphene to automatically connect players from all around the world and enable online gaming and wagering that is highly resistant against cheating.
In the 1983 hit movie “War Games” a supercomputer called WOPR mistook a computer game for real-life, and almost set off a Global Thermonuclear War. Lucky for us, Peerplays is programmed to remain neutral. This new Blockchain database will contain a public record of gaming history that allows auditors to prove afterwards that games are being played without manipulation.
“With this level of transparency, we never have to worry about a computer accidently attempting to execute a nuclear first strike, so to speak,” said Jonathan Baha’i, Blockchain solutions consultant for Peerplays and owner of the bunker,
“since we are now on the verge of a major shift in the gaming industry, advancements in decentralized Blockchain architecture allow for auditable gaming and make it nearly impossible for players to be scammed, defrauded or ripped off by gaming providers.”
Today most online gaming websites are located in loosely regulated offshore jurisdictions, and players have no way to verify whether they are being cheated by the “house” or by other players. Peerplays solves this problem with a peer-to-peer network where players are matched against each other and funds are held and released automatically to the winners through Blockchain-based programs called Smart Contracts.
“Blockchain projects need to stop playing in the sandbox, and start solving real world problems,” said Neil Haran, a developer for the Peerplays project,
“And Peerplays is looking to solve many of the core issues which now plague the online gaming industry.”
BunkerChain Labs, a custodian on behalf of Peerplays, has opened a crowdfund to allow bitcoin holders to participate in further development of Peerplays. Contributors receive PEERPLAYS tokens for their support at www.peerplays.com.
BunkerChain Labs Inc., founded in 2015, provides software development services to meet the growing demand for custom, high-performance Blockchains and related applications.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019