BTC Media, a leading digital currency and Blockchain-focused media group, has announced its inaugural health care Blockchain event, Distributed: Health, to be held in Nashville, Tennessee on September 7, 2016 in Nashville’s downtown Symphony Center.
A 24-hour Hackathon preceding the event will host teams from around the world, competing to build the best new Blockchain health care application.
“For the last three years we have seen Blockchain technology embraced by the banking world as it has sought to solve core problems with trust, interoperability and efficiency,” said BTC Media CEO David Bailey. “Those same pain points exist in health care. The transparency, shared infrastructure and efficiency offered by distributed ledgers won’t just help corporate earnings–they will help save people’s lives.”
Distributed: Health speakers and panelists will represent large enterprise innovators as well as tech startups who will not only conceptualize but demo new health care applications in development.
“Blockchain technology addresses impossible problems by connecting entire industries to shared infrastructure, which allows participants to exchange data with strong guarantees around confidentiality and integrity,” said Micah Winkelspecht, CEO and founder of Gem, who recently launched Gem Health for Blockchains and health care and will be a conference sponsor.
“There’s a clear opportunity for this infrastructure to shorten and optimize revenue cycles, ensure continuity of medical data and establish global health identifiers.”
Nashville was chosen for the event based on its central importance as a U.S. health care capital. The city is home to industry giants and leading innovators, with one in eight Nashville employees working in the health care industry. “This is an effort that must be built in collaboration with the industry, and that means starting in Nashville,” Winkelspecht said.
Distributed: Health attendees will include professionals from major health care providers and leading industry startups as well as insurers, medical suppliers, manufacturers, developers and academic and policy groups worldwide.
“After a great deal of research, we are convinced that Blockchains are a tool that can offer real cost savings and efficiency gains to the health care industry,” said Josh Rosenblatt, Principal at Blackline Payments Advisors, another sponsor of the event.
“Nashville is the epicenter for many of the health care companies that stand to gain the most. This conference should kickstart that conversation, allowing companies to learn what Blockchains are, and why their corner of the industry should care.”
For more information or to register, visit https://godistributed.com/health/.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019