BTC Media, a leading digital currency and Blockchain-focused media group, has announced its inaugural health care Blockchain event, Distributed: Health, to be held in Nashville, Tennessee on September 7, 2016 in Nashville’s downtown Symphony Center.
A 24-hour Hackathon preceding the event will host teams from around the world, competing to build the best new Blockchain health care application.
“For the last three years we have seen Blockchain technology embraced by the banking world as it has sought to solve core problems with trust, interoperability and efficiency,” said BTC Media CEO David Bailey. “Those same pain points exist in health care. The transparency, shared infrastructure and efficiency offered by distributed ledgers won’t just help corporate earnings–they will help save people’s lives.”
Distributed: Health speakers and panelists will represent large enterprise innovators as well as tech startups who will not only conceptualize but demo new health care applications in development.
“Blockchain technology addresses impossible problems by connecting entire industries to shared infrastructure, which allows participants to exchange data with strong guarantees around confidentiality and integrity,” said Micah Winkelspecht, CEO and founder of Gem, who recently launched Gem Health for Blockchains and health care and will be a conference sponsor.
“There’s a clear opportunity for this infrastructure to shorten and optimize revenue cycles, ensure continuity of medical data and establish global health identifiers.”
Nashville was chosen for the event based on its central importance as a U.S. health care capital. The city is home to industry giants and leading innovators, with one in eight Nashville employees working in the health care industry. “This is an effort that must be built in collaboration with the industry, and that means starting in Nashville,” Winkelspecht said.
Distributed: Health attendees will include professionals from major health care providers and leading industry startups as well as insurers, medical suppliers, manufacturers, developers and academic and policy groups worldwide.
“After a great deal of research, we are convinced that Blockchains are a tool that can offer real cost savings and efficiency gains to the health care industry,” said Josh Rosenblatt, Principal at Blackline Payments Advisors, another sponsor of the event.
“Nashville is the epicenter for many of the health care companies that stand to gain the most. This conference should kickstart that conversation, allowing companies to learn what Blockchains are, and why their corner of the industry should care.”
For more information or to register, visit https://godistributed.com/health/.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019