“As we have often noted throughout the financial markets, one of the industry’s greatest challenges is the lack of a large pool of technical and business expertise regarding Blockchain or distributed ledger technology. As this technology expands into greater use cases in financial markets, the ability to train and maintain knowledge in this evolving field will continue to become ever more important. We are very pleased to partner with Positrust to launch the WCF, and look forward to collaboratively contributing to the growth of Blockchain usage in the future,” stated Ron Quaranta, Chairman of the WSBA.
The WCF is creating an educational structure to increase the availability of expert Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) or Blockchain talent in financial markets, across disciplines such as business analysis, systems architecture, coding, cyber security, operational management, and system migrations to name a few.
This platform is the result of growing WSBA member inquiries about the future of DLT or Blockchain in the financial markets, and how they might have access to the growing pool of knowledge and talent required to stay competitive in the future.
“Beyond the hype and theoretical use cases, there is a dire need for technologists who understand the product side of implementation, integration and migration. The right skills mix will deliver the anticipated deployment saves attributed to DLT in an efficient and cost effective manner. The WCF Proof-of-concept aims to mature the delivery models required for implementations in the industry, and ideally help pave the way for practical approaches to the adoption of DLT in capital markets,” said Andrew B Kasaija, a Managing Partner at Positrust.
Applicants for the pilot program are currently being sought and enrolled, with the first full cohort targeted for launch in Q4 2016. Industry participants seeking more information are encouraged to email [email protected]
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019