“As we have often noted throughout the financial markets, one of the industry’s greatest challenges is the lack of a large pool of technical and business expertise regarding Blockchain or distributed ledger technology. As this technology expands into greater use cases in financial markets, the ability to train and maintain knowledge in this evolving field will continue to become ever more important. We are very pleased to partner with Positrust to launch the WCF, and look forward to collaboratively contributing to the growth of Blockchain usage in the future,” stated Ron Quaranta, Chairman of the WSBA.
The WCF is creating an educational structure to increase the availability of expert Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) or Blockchain talent in financial markets, across disciplines such as business analysis, systems architecture, coding, cyber security, operational management, and system migrations to name a few.
This platform is the result of growing WSBA member inquiries about the future of DLT or Blockchain in the financial markets, and how they might have access to the growing pool of knowledge and talent required to stay competitive in the future.
“Beyond the hype and theoretical use cases, there is a dire need for technologists who understand the product side of implementation, integration and migration. The right skills mix will deliver the anticipated deployment saves attributed to DLT in an efficient and cost effective manner. The WCF Proof-of-concept aims to mature the delivery models required for implementations in the industry, and ideally help pave the way for practical approaches to the adoption of DLT in capital markets,” said Andrew B Kasaija, a Managing Partner at Positrust.
Applicants for the pilot program are currently being sought and enrolled, with the first full cohort targeted for launch in Q4 2016. Industry participants seeking more information are encouraged to email [email protected]
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019