The DECENT Software Sale (Initial Coin Offering or ICO) is a one-time opportunity to participate in a project that aims to tackle the future of media with Blockchain Technology. Join the Digital Revolution and help the DECENT Network to create the independent publishing platform for everybody around the world.
To learn more about and participate in the ICO click here.
The core team behind DECENT, based in Switzerland, has already secured a €500,000 seed funding round earlier this year from Element Capital LLC, a US Chinese Fund, and has teams of collaborators in Ukraine, Luxembourg, Shanghai and Australia.
The ICO is a crucial point in the evolution of DECENT Network. It will create the decentralized nature of the network and provide resources for further development. The proceeds from the Software Sale will be primarily used to fund development of the future releases of DECENT, protocol optimization and its maintenance.
DECENT allows individuals or organizations to buy, sell & share genuine digital content without any third party influence or restrictions. It also serves as an anti-spam protection and reward for seeders/miners (or publishers in DECENT terminology). DCT is not just a cryptocurrency. It represents a fuel to the network, a software tool which makes DECENT work.
DECENT is a Decentralized Content Distribution Network that is OpenSource and utilizes Blockchain to ensure Security. It allows borderless publishing of any Digital Content. Intention of the project is to revolutionize Data Distribution on the Internet.
To reach its goals, DECENT aims to create a fully Integrated and Trustworthy Worldwide System of Digital Content Distribution in which the communication flow is secured and timestamped by the Blockchain Mechanism. Focusing on flexibility & sustainable development, DECENT Network provides infrastructure of linked systems which enables to set more intelligent international standards of efficient, cost effective & secure content distribution.
DECENT Network is an independent system of data distribution and thanks to the elimination of third parties from the communication and data sharing process, DECENT keeps full control over the network’s performance.
Therefore it ensures high transaction speed and reliability. DECENT was created as a unique network based on its own Blockchain mechanism in order to provide the best solutions without being dependant or constrained by the attributes of other software.
DECENT has 3 functional roles:
- Authors: writers, music producers, … (content producers)
- Consumers: readers, listeners, … (content consumers)
- Publishers: miners
DECENT combines several functional layers. While authors produce content and upload it to the network, publishers are the key element in keeping DECENT Network up and running. DECENT uses a modified Proof of Stake (PoS) mechanism in order to achieve consensus of various nodes in the network. This is based on the stake of space/time ratio provided by publishers (“miners”) and their CPU time spent by distributing keys.
The heart of the solution is the Blockchain. Several processes and associated transactions are being designed and fine-tuned for the use cases publishing content, buying content and providing feedback. Underlying cryptography is used to make everything secure, just naming decryption key sharing, various zero knowledge proofs, etc. For detailed description download the whitepaper.
The proceeds from this Software Sale will be primarily used to fund development of the future releases of DECENT, protocol optimization and its maintenance. The updated versions will be created in order to adjust the network according to the users needs and keep it up to date. This also covers associated operational, administrative and logistical outlays such as paying for network infrastructure & bandwidth. The rest of the fundings will be allocated to legal expenses and marketing and community outreach costs involved in securing worldwide adoption of the ideas of independence and decentralization.
DECENT Token (DCT), used for publishing and buying process on DECENT Platform, allows individuals or organizations to buy, sell & share genuine digital content without any third party influence or restrictions. It also serves as an anti-spam protection and reward for seeders/miners (or publishers in DECENT terminology). The principles of Blockchain technology ensure trusted, secure and transparent transactions and outright independence of data distribution. DCT is not just a cryptocurrency. It represents a fuel to the network, a software tool which makes DECENT work.
After the launch of the final release of DECENT Network, tokens will be issued according to the Software Sale results. Certain amount of the tokens will be allocated as follows:
1,000,000 DCT – Promotion Bounties
3,000,000 DCT – Pre-software Sale Marketing
35,000,000 DCT – DECENT Foundation
The initial value of DCT will increase simultaneously with the Software Sale progress. Which means the early participants get more for smaller value and apply for higher bonuses.
ETH value is set according to the current BTC/ETH exchange rate. Only BTC value is determinant. More information will follow soon.
To learn more about and participate in the ICO click here.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018