Christina Anderson from BBVA writes:
Cambridge Blockchain and Precognitive won 30,000 euros as part of their victory at Open Talent, a global contest sponsored by Madrid-based BBVA to identify the talent and ideas that will transform the world of finance. Cambridge Blockchain, founded by Matthew Commons in Boston in April 2015, is an identity management platform for financial institutions that eliminates redundant compliance steps while improving the customer experience. Precognitive is fraud prevention technology for electronic devices that combines artificial intelligence and behavioral analytics to detect and prevent fraud in real time. It was founded by Sam Bouso in Chicago in January 2016.
The jury heard the pitch of the 20 finalists to complete its evaluation and choose the final two winners. The finalists presented their projects to the New York Next Money audience.
Cambridge Blockchain, founded by Matthew Commons in Boston in April 2015, is an identity management platform for financial institutions that eliminates redundant compliance steps while improving the customer experience.
“Cambridge Blockchain and Precognitive underscore what this competition is all about,” said Head of Open Innovation and Open Talent for BBVA Marisol Menéndez. “The ideas behind their companies are interesting and hold great promise for the world of finance. We’re ready to work with them to explore the opportunities that we hope will help transform the industry.”
Cambridge Blockchain and Precognitive were chosen by a panel of five executives representing different units within BBVA. Judges included BBVA Compass Chief Information Officer Gabriel Sánchez Iniesta, BBVA Compass Head of Business Development Pepe Olalla, Propel Venture Partners Senior Partner Ryan Gilbert, BBVA Head of UX Strategy and Partnerships Sanjay Shamdasani and Menéndez.
”Both winners showed great understanding of today’s digital environment,” Sánchez Iniesta said. “Fraud prevention is a core competency in any bank’s digital transformation, and exploring the possibilities of the blockchain is considered just as critical.”
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019