Sberbank and the Linux Foundation have entered into an agreement on the bank’s participation in the Hyperledger Project.
According to reports from Sibos, Lev Khasis, first deputy chairman of the executive board of Sberbank, said the new development with Hyperledger, and its open source platform based on Blockchain, offered “access to international expertise and cutting-edge Blockchain developments”.
In an interview he told Daily News at Sibos that the bank will not use Blockchain for just one item and sees many opportunities for the technology within finetch and outside of fintech (such as real estate). He expects in the next 12 months that one use case will go live.
Sberbank will have a “dedicated team” of developers working with Hyperledger. The bank has 9000 developers in total, but not all of these will be working on Blockchain.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019