Antshares Blockchain, a Shanghai-based open-source Blockchain project, has raised more than $4.5 million in a crowdsale to complete building out its innovative Antshares Blockchain under an “Onchain universal Blockchain” framework, which will digitize, record and track physical goods and assets, ranging from real estate titles to corporate equity, from supply chain assets to creditors’ claims.
“Our vision is to make Onchain a truly universal Blockchain framework,” said Da Hongfei, founder and CEO of Onchain and creator of Antshares. “Utilizing different plug-in modules, our framework could be applied for a public chain, a consortium chain or even a private chain. Our cross-chain adaptor module, currently under development, creates interoperability among these different chains.”
Antshares incorporates a number of firsts:
- First open-source Blockchain project developed in China.
- First significant Chinese ICO (6119.53 BTC raised in its August/September crowdsale), with more than 50 percent of the participants from outside of China.
- First organic Chinese Blockchain project to work with both Microsoft Azure and the Hyperledger Project.
The Antshares team has been busy since the close of the ICO readying its wallets (in both Chinese and English) and mainnet for global release, which will take place by the end of October, said Hongfei. It is also developing its web wallet and mobile wallet (iOS/Android/WP), which will be released at the same time as the mainnet.
For its leadership and innovation, Onchain recently received the Award for Excellence in Innovation in Blockchain Technology from Frost & Sullivan, and was also named a KPMG China Leading Fintech 50 selection.
Onchain is an open-source “universal Blockchain” platform, incorporating a framework which allows public, permissioned (consortium) or private Blockchains, and will eventually allow interoperability among these modes. Antshares was developed by Onchain Blockchain Services, Shanghai, and received $4.5 million in funding, with more than half of the participants came from outside of China. The Onchain team, led by founder Da Hongfei, includes prominent developers and executives formerly with Huobi, BTCC, China UnionPay, Standard Chartered, State Street and Morgan Stanley.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019