Antshares Blockchain, a Shanghai-based open-source Blockchain project, has raised more than $4.5 million in a crowdsale to complete building out its innovative Antshares Blockchain under an “Onchain universal Blockchain” framework, which will digitize, record and track physical goods and assets, ranging from real estate titles to corporate equity, from supply chain assets to creditors’ claims.
“Our vision is to make Onchain a truly universal Blockchain framework,” said Da Hongfei, founder and CEO of Onchain and creator of Antshares. “Utilizing different plug-in modules, our framework could be applied for a public chain, a consortium chain or even a private chain. Our cross-chain adaptor module, currently under development, creates interoperability among these different chains.”
Antshares incorporates a number of firsts:
- First open-source Blockchain project developed in China.
- First significant Chinese ICO (6119.53 BTC raised in its August/September crowdsale), with more than 50 percent of the participants from outside of China.
- First organic Chinese Blockchain project to work with both Microsoft Azure and the Hyperledger Project.
The Antshares team has been busy since the close of the ICO readying its wallets (in both Chinese and English) and mainnet for global release, which will take place by the end of October, said Hongfei. It is also developing its web wallet and mobile wallet (iOS/Android/WP), which will be released at the same time as the mainnet.
For its leadership and innovation, Onchain recently received the Award for Excellence in Innovation in Blockchain Technology from Frost & Sullivan, and was also named a KPMG China Leading Fintech 50 selection.
Onchain is an open-source “universal Blockchain” platform, incorporating a framework which allows public, permissioned (consortium) or private Blockchains, and will eventually allow interoperability among these modes. Antshares was developed by Onchain Blockchain Services, Shanghai, and received $4.5 million in funding, with more than half of the participants came from outside of China. The Onchain team, led by founder Da Hongfei, includes prominent developers and executives formerly with Huobi, BTCC, China UnionPay, Standard Chartered, State Street and Morgan Stanley.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019