Antshares Blockchain, a Shanghai-based open-source Blockchain project, has raised more than $4.5 million in a crowdsale to complete building out its innovative Antshares Blockchain under an “Onchain universal Blockchain” framework, which will digitize, record and track physical goods and assets, ranging from real estate titles to corporate equity, from supply chain assets to creditors’ claims.
“Our vision is to make Onchain a truly universal Blockchain framework,” said Da Hongfei, founder and CEO of Onchain and creator of Antshares. “Utilizing different plug-in modules, our framework could be applied for a public chain, a consortium chain or even a private chain. Our cross-chain adaptor module, currently under development, creates interoperability among these different chains.”
Antshares incorporates a number of firsts:
- First open-source Blockchain project developed in China.
- First significant Chinese ICO (6119.53 BTC raised in its August/September crowdsale), with more than 50 percent of the participants from outside of China.
- First organic Chinese Blockchain project to work with both Microsoft Azure and the Hyperledger Project.
The Antshares team has been busy since the close of the ICO readying its wallets (in both Chinese and English) and mainnet for global release, which will take place by the end of October, said Hongfei. It is also developing its web wallet and mobile wallet (iOS/Android/WP), which will be released at the same time as the mainnet.
For its leadership and innovation, Onchain recently received the Award for Excellence in Innovation in Blockchain Technology from Frost & Sullivan, and was also named a KPMG China Leading Fintech 50 selection.
Onchain is an open-source “universal Blockchain” platform, incorporating a framework which allows public, permissioned (consortium) or private Blockchains, and will eventually allow interoperability among these modes. Antshares was developed by Onchain Blockchain Services, Shanghai, and received $4.5 million in funding, with more than half of the participants came from outside of China. The Onchain team, led by founder Da Hongfei, includes prominent developers and executives formerly with Huobi, BTCC, China UnionPay, Standard Chartered, State Street and Morgan Stanley.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020