The California Space Center has announced the launch of “Copernic” – a blockchain-based, finance-focused rights management system developed for the space industry, according to a report from Econotimes.
Eva Blaisdell, founder of the California Space Center, announced further details in Los Angeles on September 29 during the Mars City Design Gala Awards event at Annenberg Center.
“Now is the time to embrace the limitless possibility of the Space Economy. The economy should not rely on sluggish and inefficient systems that currently dominate earth operations,” said Blaisdell. “Blockchain is rapidly becoming an integral part of the most advanced systems on earth. Just as with rocket technology, the foundation for space’s economy should be based on future standards. Tremendous distance is only one of the many problems that must be solved with a future system; a blockchain with independent integrity is required for the space economy to grow.”
With skyrocketing potential for transactions between Earth and space, Blaisdell told Econotimes she sees Copernic as a catalyst for future economic growth. The California Space Center has engaged the Coinfirm Blockchain Lab to oversee the development of the platform.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018