Organized by the office of parliamentary deputy Miroslaw Suchonia and the Polish Association of Bitcoin a public consultation took place in the Polish parliament called “Pieniądz cyfrowy i technologie rozproszonych rejestrów – teraźniejszość i wyzwania” or “Money and digital Technologies, Distributed Registries – Present Challenges”.
According to other reports, the Government in Poland is enthusiastic about cryptocurrencies and more such debates are expected to follow this first ever government – cryptocurrency interaction. As expected, one of the main topics of the debate revolved around the legislative issues surrounding the creation and use of cryptocurrencies. It was accepted that regulations are necessary to protect the investors’ interest without hindering the freedom of the community or hampering the progress of technology development.
The meeting was opened envoy Mirosław Suchoń stressing the importance of consultation:
“Such meetings have been held so far in several countries – today I am glad that Poland is nevertheless one of the first countries where such an event takes place. Bitcoin and Blockchain are the main elements of the new technology that may soon revolutionize financial markets around the world. This carries considerable challenges for the legislative branch, which is responsible for aligning the requirements of modern technology and supporting businesses.
According to the parliamentarian Modern innovative technologies and built on the basis of start-ups should be supported by the government
“The main objective of the Polish legislators should not still be creating the same regulation, but support the development of the market which is dominated by new technologies. As a result, it would be possible to achieve a competitive advantage over other countries, and then – to increase export opportunities for the applications of these technologies instead of waiting for its development in other countries.”
The invited guests had an opportunity to hear the lectures of specialists in the field of digital currencies, Bitcoin and Blockchain and participate in the discussion of matters cryptocurrency in Poland. Among the speakers were:
• Jacek Czarnecki – Wardyński and Partners and SGH
• Maciej Jędrzejczyk – IBM Global Services Delivery Centre Poland
• Tomasz Kibil – EY
• Dr. Krzysztof Korus – dLK Korus perch Legal Advisers sp.p.
• Filip Pawczyński – president of the Polish Association of Bitcoin
• Dr. Krzysztof Piech – Warsaw School of Economics (Department of Economic Policy), Polish Association of Bitcoin
• prof. Marian Silver – Polish Academy of Sciences (Institute of Computer Science)
• Lech Wilczynski – president InPay SA, the Polish Association of Bitcoin
• Dr. Konrad Zacharzewski – Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun (Department of Civil Law and Banking).
The participants were able to learn a lot about the basics of Bitcoin and Blockchain and understand the barriers to market development in the cryptocurrency arena that are faced by entrepreneurs.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019