Canadian Blockchain company Decentral, creators of the universal Blockchain wallet Jaxx, today announced plans to integrate Zcash into its entire suite of software platforms. The integration is scheduled to come into effect within days of the mining of Zcash’s genesis block on October 28. Zcash aims to give users the ability to make confidential and selectively disclosable transactions, powered by its cryptocurrency, ZEC. Zcash is positioned to provide the first privacy-centric payments that are inherent to the protocol.
CEO of Jaxx, Anthony Di Iorio said:
“Zcash has garnered a lot of attention from all around the world and we at Jaxx have received a lot of interest from our users to have it available as soon as it launches. We will be able to offer Zcash on a number of different platforms, and are working well with the developers to enable a seamless integration. VCs have invested in Zcash, there’s cutting edge security technology behind it and that’s resulted in quite a lot chatter in the crypto community. Zcash holds an extraordinary amount of promise.”
Zcash works by way of zero-knowledge proofs; the protocol works such that two parties receive verified information without knowing who each other are, or seeing the subsequent data exchange. Zcash trades and payments will see transactions published on a public Blockchain, with the option of keeping the sender, recipient, and amount confidential.
Zcash CEO Zooko Wilcox added:
“Zcash is a new technology that lets you put encrypted data into a Blockchain. Blockchains as they currently exist, don’t offer much (or any) control over the disclosure of the data that you put on the Blockchain. Any data that you put in there is visible to all users of the Blockchain. Zcash is the first protocol of its kind and is the accumulation of years of academic research, hard engineering work, and diligent security work. I’m happy to see that established companies with their own technology, strategy, and user base are already adding Zcash support. This is a sign of a robust and diverse Zcash ecosystem already beginning to grow.”
Zcash uses a type of zero-knowledge proof called a zk-SNARK, developed by a team of experienced cryptographers. zk-SNARK allow the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly listing spend-authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARK is used to prove that users are spending value they actually have ownership over.
Zcash becomes the fifth token Jaxx has added on its wallets in less than three months, following the successful integrations of Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Dash and Augur; all within the world’s top ten list of cryptocurrency by market cap.
“Jaxx has always been Blockchain agnostic, but we listen very closely to the requests of our users. I’m extremely proud of what our team has been able to achieve by including so many popular tokens in such a short time. We will continue working around the clock to make these integrations and will include even more in the near future,” said Di Iorio.
Since launching in June 2016, over 70,000 users have downloaded Jaxx.
Jaxx is a multi-token Blockchain wallet that provides a unified experience across 9 platforms and devices, including Windows, Apple and Linux desktops, Apple and Android mobile devices and tablets, as well as Google Chrome and Firefox extensions. The Jaxx wallet enables crypto-to-crypto buying and selling with frictionless in-wallet conversion. Users are always in control of their keys and Jaxx neither holds nor has access to customer funds. Design and user experience driven, and built with simplicity in mind, Jaxx’s mission is to become the interface to the Blockchain world.
To learn more, visit jaxx.io
The Zcash Company is a science-driven team; a combination of academic expertise in computer science and cryptography with security software engineering talent. We are developing the next generation of secure digital currency and Blockchain technology through the use of zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee privacy and confidentiality. We aim to set a new standard for privacy. The Zcash protocol is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency offering total payment confidentiality. Unlike Bitcoin, Zcash transactions automatically hide the sender, recipient, and value of all transactions on the Blockchain. It is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a world-class, security-focused engineering team. However, as with any new technology, there is risk involved. Currently the team is focused on building and maintaining an open, permissionless system that is viable, robust, and justifiably reliable and secure for users.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019