The SuperNET team, headed by the infamous coder JL777, have developed a series of projects capable of interconnecting with each other to complete themselves in the SuperNET ecosystem. These include EasyDEX and most recent, Komodo Platform. Unlike most projects in the crypto industry, these projects don’t seek to compete with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies. Instead, they focus on creating tools and features that benefit all blockchain projects by strengthening them further. These tools include;
- The Iguana GUI wallet that can be used by any cryptocurrency without a GUI (Graphic User Interface) solution.
- The delayed Proof of Work consensus mechanism that allows any blockchain to be as secure as Bitcoin through Komodo’s notary nodes.
The SuperNET team’s white paper describes the implementation of EasyDEX – a decentralized exchange that not only allows users to exchange cryptocurrencies among themselves without entrusting their funds to a third party but also a system that provides speed and liquidity, a key component that has been missing from almost every centralized exchange.
Unlike other alternatives that have been implemented before, EasyDEX does not rely on proxy tokens, pegged assets or gateways to exchange cryptocurrencies, as these remove some counterparty risk. Also, in order to prevent any shortcomings in speed and convenience (which the centralized platforms are known for), the platform exchanges cryptocurrencies directly through an atomic cross-chain protocol.
The EasyDEX exchange allows users to maintain their privacy, which is much valued in the cryptocurrency community. This is enabled by the privacy layer in the order matching process which makes it possible to execute trades without establishing a direct contact with the user’s IP.
As the world of blockchain evolves, the community and services built around it will also evolve along with it, eventually making complete decentralization the only way forward.
SuperNET is a collaborative community of participating cryptocurrencies and their development teams, alongside innovative coders, networking experts, social-media and commercial development specialists and third-party service-providers. They seek to create a united platform of technologies focusing on the establishment of decentralised delivery of previously centralised online services.
Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, despite being extremely useful and convenient, deviate from the very premise on which Bitcoin was founded: The trustless exchange of value. These exchanges require users to convert their funds into IOU (I Owe You) tokens in order to exchange them within the market. When a user wants to withdraw his funds, the IOUs are converted back into real cryptocurrencies. However, this poses a huge risk for the user as centralized exchanges are prone to inside thefts and outside hacks, something that has been demonstrated repeatedly by the recent happenings in the cryptocurrency industry. Customers of these platforms have lost millions of dollars’ worth of Bitcoin and other altcoin funds to hackers and cybercriminals.
There are few decentralized alternatives available at the moment, but more than often they lack the liquidity and convenience that users are otherwise used to. This may soon change as the team behind the SuperNET project has recently released a whitepaper describing the implementation of a fully functional and decentralized exchange.
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019