Factom, a Blockchain as-a-service (BaaS) technology company is the recipient of a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to meet one of the most urgent needs of the developing world – to secure medical records that are persistent, readily available, and reliable. Factom’s Blockchain technology builds globally distributed records that can be accessed anywhere and by any authorized person with biometric verification.
Medical records are historically documented on paper and stored by clinics. This poses a problem when people move or if the region is destabilized. Creating medical records around an individual and securing them with the Factom Blockchain solves both these problems in an affordable and practical way that may provide unique benefits for the developing world.
This type of system gives medical professionals and clinics the tools they need to treat disease and coordinate care in the in the ever-shifting environment of the developing world. For example, with the use of a smartphone, a medical professional can look up the vaccination record for a baby born in a remote area and make sure they receive the correct vaccinations or an HIV-infected person can access their viral load measurement results. This technology will save lives and expenses in developing nations that have some of the world’s most deadly diseases.
Factom, Inc. is an Austin, Texas, USA-based Blockchain technology company that’s on a mission to make the world’s systems honest. People and institutions today can solve hard problems and change the world for the better when they have a reliable framework to build upon. Honest systems free up dead capital, which allows companies to grow and helps people to lift themselves out of poverty.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019