TU Delft, ABN-AMRO, SCF Community, Port of Rotterdam, Royal FloraHolland, Smart Port and 10 other partners have joined up to create a new consortium to tackle a large-scale Blockchain project started in the logistics sector. The total size of the project is 2.2 million euros and it is a global first that starts a concrete Blockchain project at this level with the various stakeholders in a countries’ logistics sector.
In this project, the use of Blockchain technology for logistics purposes will be concretely set up, tested and live-tested.
Johan Pouwelse, Project Manager and Associate Professor at TU Delft, confirmed this point:
“This project is not about discussing potential, we are actually going to put words into action.”
The final result of the project is centred on delivering three concrete Use Cases:
- Chain financing
- Supply financing
- Circular economics
TU Delft will concentrate on creating an open-source core business infrastructure that will make the Blockchain suitable for mission critical usage.
Martijn Siebrand, Supply Chain Finance Programme Manager, identified a wealth of opportunities for this project.
“If you ask me, using Blockchain technology for the financial routes in logistics is just the beginning. I see this as a stepping stone towards a logistics sector with improved collaboration throughout the entire chain.”
The 16-partner consortium features a balanced blend of various parties in the chain. TU Delft, Windesheim, the SCF Community, TNO, Centric, Exact, ABN AMRO, SmartPort, Royal FloraHolland, the Port of Rotterdam, FBBasic & Cirmar, BeScope Solutions, NBK, Innopay, and TransFollow together provide the force to drive this project to success.
This project is complementary to the public-private initiative to establish a national research institute for Blockchain (working title: Blockchain Core Competence Center), initiated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
The Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie Dinalog (‘Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation’, formerly TKI Logistiek) is focused on structurally stimulating and realising public-private collaboration in the field of research in the Logistics Top Sector. This concerns innovation through fundamental and applied research, alongside the valorisation and dissemination of expertise, experiences and results. United in the Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie (TKI), Dinalog, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and TNO collaborate to boost innovation in the Logistics Top Sector.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020