TU Delft, ABN-AMRO, SCF Community, Port of Rotterdam, Royal FloraHolland, Smart Port and 10 other partners have joined up to create a new consortium to tackle a large-scale Blockchain project started in the logistics sector. The total size of the project is 2.2 million euros and it is a global first that starts a concrete Blockchain project at this level with the various stakeholders in a countries’ logistics sector.
In this project, the use of Blockchain technology for logistics purposes will be concretely set up, tested and live-tested.
Johan Pouwelse, Project Manager and Associate Professor at TU Delft, confirmed this point:
“This project is not about discussing potential, we are actually going to put words into action.”
The final result of the project is centred on delivering three concrete Use Cases:
- Chain financing
- Supply financing
- Circular economics
TU Delft will concentrate on creating an open-source core business infrastructure that will make the Blockchain suitable for mission critical usage.
Martijn Siebrand, Supply Chain Finance Programme Manager, identified a wealth of opportunities for this project.
“If you ask me, using Blockchain technology for the financial routes in logistics is just the beginning. I see this as a stepping stone towards a logistics sector with improved collaboration throughout the entire chain.”
The 16-partner consortium features a balanced blend of various parties in the chain. TU Delft, Windesheim, the SCF Community, TNO, Centric, Exact, ABN AMRO, SmartPort, Royal FloraHolland, the Port of Rotterdam, FBBasic & Cirmar, BeScope Solutions, NBK, Innopay, and TransFollow together provide the force to drive this project to success.
This project is complementary to the public-private initiative to establish a national research institute for Blockchain (working title: Blockchain Core Competence Center), initiated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
The Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie Dinalog (‘Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation’, formerly TKI Logistiek) is focused on structurally stimulating and realising public-private collaboration in the field of research in the Logistics Top Sector. This concerns innovation through fundamental and applied research, alongside the valorisation and dissemination of expertise, experiences and results. United in the Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie (TKI), Dinalog, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and TNO collaborate to boost innovation in the Logistics Top Sector.
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019