TU Delft, ABN-AMRO, SCF Community, Port of Rotterdam, Royal FloraHolland, Smart Port and 10 other partners have joined up to create a new consortium to tackle a large-scale Blockchain project started in the logistics sector. The total size of the project is 2.2 million euros and it is a global first that starts a concrete Blockchain project at this level with the various stakeholders in a countries’ logistics sector.
In this project, the use of Blockchain technology for logistics purposes will be concretely set up, tested and live-tested.
Johan Pouwelse, Project Manager and Associate Professor at TU Delft, confirmed this point:
“This project is not about discussing potential, we are actually going to put words into action.”
The final result of the project is centred on delivering three concrete Use Cases:
- Chain financing
- Supply financing
- Circular economics
TU Delft will concentrate on creating an open-source core business infrastructure that will make the Blockchain suitable for mission critical usage.
Martijn Siebrand, Supply Chain Finance Programme Manager, identified a wealth of opportunities for this project.
“If you ask me, using Blockchain technology for the financial routes in logistics is just the beginning. I see this as a stepping stone towards a logistics sector with improved collaboration throughout the entire chain.”
The 16-partner consortium features a balanced blend of various parties in the chain. TU Delft, Windesheim, the SCF Community, TNO, Centric, Exact, ABN AMRO, SmartPort, Royal FloraHolland, the Port of Rotterdam, FBBasic & Cirmar, BeScope Solutions, NBK, Innopay, and TransFollow together provide the force to drive this project to success.
This project is complementary to the public-private initiative to establish a national research institute for Blockchain (working title: Blockchain Core Competence Center), initiated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
The Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie Dinalog (‘Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation’, formerly TKI Logistiek) is focused on structurally stimulating and realising public-private collaboration in the field of research in the Logistics Top Sector. This concerns innovation through fundamental and applied research, alongside the valorisation and dissemination of expertise, experiences and results. United in the Topconsortium voor Kennis en Innovatie (TKI), Dinalog, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and TNO collaborate to boost innovation in the Logistics Top Sector.
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019