Blockchain company Billon Group has announced the successful closing of its first round of funding, collecting $2 million out of a collective of UK investors. The new injection brings total funding for the company to $5 million.
According to a report in IBS Intelligence:
Billon aims to provide secure and regulated environments for electronic currency transfers whilst being fully compliant with KYC and AML procedures. Payments on the network can be sent to accounts and smartphones via “a simple, instantaneous, scalable and low cost format.” It sees the funding as a “strong vote of confidence” for blockchain-based solutions. Billon started live operations in Poland last year.
“We are very pleased that investors have responded as they have towards Billon Group’s fundraising,” says Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO and Founder of Billon Group. “Billon Group’s Polish technology centre has one of the strongest blockchain teams worldwide, and we are well poised to continue to be a first mover in true e-money distributed ledger solutions.”
According to a report in the Polish press, Billon was accepted by the Financial Conduct Authority, the British financial supervisory authority, on a shortlist of companies that will be able to test their ideas in a so-called regulatory sandbox. The Polish startup was picked to participate along with eighteen other financial players – such as HSBC and Lloyds.
For an indepth piece on Billon see our report here at Blockchain News.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019