Blockchain company Billon Group has announced the successful closing of its first round of funding, collecting $2 million out of a collective of UK investors. The new injection brings total funding for the company to $5 million.
According to a report in IBS Intelligence:
Billon aims to provide secure and regulated environments for electronic currency transfers whilst being fully compliant with KYC and AML procedures. Payments on the network can be sent to accounts and smartphones via “a simple, instantaneous, scalable and low cost format.” It sees the funding as a “strong vote of confidence” for blockchain-based solutions. Billon started live operations in Poland last year.
“We are very pleased that investors have responded as they have towards Billon Group’s fundraising,” says Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO and Founder of Billon Group. “Billon Group’s Polish technology centre has one of the strongest blockchain teams worldwide, and we are well poised to continue to be a first mover in true e-money distributed ledger solutions.”
According to a report in the Polish press, Billon was accepted by the Financial Conduct Authority, the British financial supervisory authority, on a shortlist of companies that will be able to test their ideas in a so-called regulatory sandbox. The Polish startup was picked to participate along with eighteen other financial players – such as HSBC and Lloyds.
For an indepth piece on Billon see our report here at Blockchain News.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019