Blockchain company Billon Group has announced the successful closing of its first round of funding, collecting $2 million out of a collective of UK investors. The new injection brings total funding for the company to $5 million.
According to a report in IBS Intelligence:
Billon aims to provide secure and regulated environments for electronic currency transfers whilst being fully compliant with KYC and AML procedures. Payments on the network can be sent to accounts and smartphones via “a simple, instantaneous, scalable and low cost format.” It sees the funding as a “strong vote of confidence” for blockchain-based solutions. Billon started live operations in Poland last year.
“We are very pleased that investors have responded as they have towards Billon Group’s fundraising,” says Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO and Founder of Billon Group. “Billon Group’s Polish technology centre has one of the strongest blockchain teams worldwide, and we are well poised to continue to be a first mover in true e-money distributed ledger solutions.”
According to a report in the Polish press, Billon was accepted by the Financial Conduct Authority, the British financial supervisory authority, on a shortlist of companies that will be able to test their ideas in a so-called regulatory sandbox. The Polish startup was picked to participate along with eighteen other financial players – such as HSBC and Lloyds.
For an indepth piece on Billon see our report here at Blockchain News.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019