Blockchain company Billon Group has announced the successful closing of its first round of funding, collecting $2 million out of a collective of UK investors. The new injection brings total funding for the company to $5 million.
According to a report in IBS Intelligence:
Billon aims to provide secure and regulated environments for electronic currency transfers whilst being fully compliant with KYC and AML procedures. Payments on the network can be sent to accounts and smartphones via “a simple, instantaneous, scalable and low cost format.” It sees the funding as a “strong vote of confidence” for blockchain-based solutions. Billon started live operations in Poland last year.
“We are very pleased that investors have responded as they have towards Billon Group’s fundraising,” says Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO and Founder of Billon Group. “Billon Group’s Polish technology centre has one of the strongest blockchain teams worldwide, and we are well poised to continue to be a first mover in true e-money distributed ledger solutions.”
According to a report in the Polish press, Billon was accepted by the Financial Conduct Authority, the British financial supervisory authority, on a shortlist of companies that will be able to test their ideas in a so-called regulatory sandbox. The Polish startup was picked to participate along with eighteen other financial players – such as HSBC and Lloyds.
For an indepth piece on Billon see our report here at Blockchain News.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019