The Blockchain Association of Ireland has been formed in order to establish Ireland as a Global hub for innovation in the areas of digital-currency, smart-contracts, fintech, insurtech, regtech and other non-commercial applications of Blockchain.
According to the organisation director Reuben Godfrey’s Linkedin profile, they hope to foster and co-ordinate Ireland’s depth of talent, drive and enthusiasm to position it as a dominant force on the world stage in terms of Blockchain.
We will do this by engaging with regulators, policymakers, educators, for and not for profit organisations and technology entrepreneurs through direct communication to guide the public dialogue about Blockchain technology.
Among other activities, the association will be responsible to:
- promote Blockchain technologies, distributed ledgers & digital currencies
- represent its members in the media, education, research, business and government,
- organize events, initiatives and lobbying operations,
- support and develop Blockchain projects initiated by other other organisations,
- connect start-ups, investors and large companies,
- share with its members, the corporate world, and the public information and knowledge about the national Blockchain ecosystem,
- represent Ireland and its Blockchain ecosystem with Blockchain associations in other countries and international bodies.
Membership is open to all whom have an interest to learn more and contribute to the evolution of Blockchain and Ireland’s leading place as a hub for innovation.
The Association will publicly launch on 14th December 2016 and is organising a Blockchain conference – DEEPGREEN 2017 – in Dublin, Ireland in April 2017.
The group has a Twitter account here.
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019