The Blockchain Association of Ireland has been formed in order to establish Ireland as a Global hub for innovation in the areas of digital-currency, smart-contracts, fintech, insurtech, regtech and other non-commercial applications of Blockchain.
According to the organisation director Reuben Godfrey’s Linkedin profile, they hope to foster and co-ordinate Ireland’s depth of talent, drive and enthusiasm to position it as a dominant force on the world stage in terms of Blockchain.
We will do this by engaging with regulators, policymakers, educators, for and not for profit organisations and technology entrepreneurs through direct communication to guide the public dialogue about Blockchain technology.
Among other activities, the association will be responsible to:
- promote Blockchain technologies, distributed ledgers & digital currencies
- represent its members in the media, education, research, business and government,
- organize events, initiatives and lobbying operations,
- support and develop Blockchain projects initiated by other other organisations,
- connect start-ups, investors and large companies,
- share with its members, the corporate world, and the public information and knowledge about the national Blockchain ecosystem,
- represent Ireland and its Blockchain ecosystem with Blockchain associations in other countries and international bodies.
Membership is open to all whom have an interest to learn more and contribute to the evolution of Blockchain and Ireland’s leading place as a hub for innovation.
The Association will publicly launch on 14th December 2016 and is organising a Blockchain conference – DEEPGREEN 2017 – in Dublin, Ireland in April 2017.
The group has a Twitter account here.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020