Everex released Chainy this week, an independent Ethereum based smart contract that allows for short urls that live as long as the Blockchain lives and eliminates phishing. It is always possible to view the data, on this and any future explorer that can access the Ethereum API. All stored proofs and data will be available forever, through Mist or other open-source viewers.
Ensure that links, once created, will always point to their original locations
URL shorteners (e.g. bit.ly) are useful for saving space. But did it occur to you that those links may not always lead where they’re supposed to?
Using short links is a great way for hackers and malware operators to send you to a phishing or malware-infected site, instead of your favorite cookie recipe. Chainy solves this problem with the help of an Ethereum smart contract.
If you’re a moderator of content submitted by different users, you need to make sure users can’t replace the short links included with their submitted content. If you know the shortened URL in the article today leads to Forbes.com, you want to make sure that long after publication this link won’t lead users somewhere else.
Replacing links shortened with third-party services, after content has been approved and published, is the most common way to get unexpecting traffic to bad sites. Using Chainy prevents this and makes it impossible to ever replace short URLs. The real address destination is saved in the blockchain with the unique short code, and never can be changed by anybody.
Proof of Existence – A short link to a file and digital signature in one place
How often do you need to sign a file and provide a link, allowing others to see this file and to check its signature? For security or privacy reasons, you may not want to trust saving your file on a server belonging to a third party. Chainy solves this problem by saving the proof and a link to the file together in a smart contract.
You can even include the proof link directly in the smart contract. We made the link so short (and unique at the same time) that it’s easy to retype it or write by hand.
Proof of Content – Broadcast a message and get proof of timestamp
Do you want to carve in stone your message to the world, loved one, or business partner? Claim you’re a world champion, or want to leave a message to your descendants? Now you can record your text right in the blockchain and it will be there forever. You can also leave it encrypted, for privacy.
Chainy is the latest Ethereum product from Everex, the creators of cryptocash and Ethplorer.io (https://ethplorer.io/). Everex is committed to Ethereum and develops services to improve that ecosystem – and transform the global economy.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020