Everex released Chainy this week, an independent Ethereum based smart contract that allows for short urls that live as long as the Blockchain lives and eliminates phishing. It is always possible to view the data, on this and any future explorer that can access the Ethereum API. All stored proofs and data will be available forever, through Mist or other open-source viewers.
Ensure that links, once created, will always point to their original locations
URL shorteners (e.g. bit.ly) are useful for saving space. But did it occur to you that those links may not always lead where they’re supposed to?
Using short links is a great way for hackers and malware operators to send you to a phishing or malware-infected site, instead of your favorite cookie recipe. Chainy solves this problem with the help of an Ethereum smart contract.
If you’re a moderator of content submitted by different users, you need to make sure users can’t replace the short links included with their submitted content. If you know the shortened URL in the article today leads to Forbes.com, you want to make sure that long after publication this link won’t lead users somewhere else.
Replacing links shortened with third-party services, after content has been approved and published, is the most common way to get unexpecting traffic to bad sites. Using Chainy prevents this and makes it impossible to ever replace short URLs. The real address destination is saved in the blockchain with the unique short code, and never can be changed by anybody.
Proof of Existence – A short link to a file and digital signature in one place
How often do you need to sign a file and provide a link, allowing others to see this file and to check its signature? For security or privacy reasons, you may not want to trust saving your file on a server belonging to a third party. Chainy solves this problem by saving the proof and a link to the file together in a smart contract.
You can even include the proof link directly in the smart contract. We made the link so short (and unique at the same time) that it’s easy to retype it or write by hand.
Proof of Content – Broadcast a message and get proof of timestamp
Do you want to carve in stone your message to the world, loved one, or business partner? Claim you’re a world champion, or want to leave a message to your descendants? Now you can record your text right in the blockchain and it will be there forever. You can also leave it encrypted, for privacy.
Chainy is the latest Ethereum product from Everex, the creators of cryptocash and Ethplorer.io (https://ethplorer.io/). Everex is committed to Ethereum and develops services to improve that ecosystem – and transform the global economy.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019