Everex released Chainy this week, an independent Ethereum based smart contract that allows for short urls that live as long as the Blockchain lives and eliminates phishing. It is always possible to view the data, on this and any future explorer that can access the Ethereum API. All stored proofs and data will be available forever, through Mist or other open-source viewers.
Ensure that links, once created, will always point to their original locations
URL shorteners (e.g. bit.ly) are useful for saving space. But did it occur to you that those links may not always lead where they’re supposed to?
Using short links is a great way for hackers and malware operators to send you to a phishing or malware-infected site, instead of your favorite cookie recipe. Chainy solves this problem with the help of an Ethereum smart contract.
If you’re a moderator of content submitted by different users, you need to make sure users can’t replace the short links included with their submitted content. If you know the shortened URL in the article today leads to Forbes.com, you want to make sure that long after publication this link won’t lead users somewhere else.
Replacing links shortened with third-party services, after content has been approved and published, is the most common way to get unexpecting traffic to bad sites. Using Chainy prevents this and makes it impossible to ever replace short URLs. The real address destination is saved in the blockchain with the unique short code, and never can be changed by anybody.
Proof of Existence – A short link to a file and digital signature in one place
How often do you need to sign a file and provide a link, allowing others to see this file and to check its signature? For security or privacy reasons, you may not want to trust saving your file on a server belonging to a third party. Chainy solves this problem by saving the proof and a link to the file together in a smart contract.
You can even include the proof link directly in the smart contract. We made the link so short (and unique at the same time) that it’s easy to retype it or write by hand.
Proof of Content – Broadcast a message and get proof of timestamp
Do you want to carve in stone your message to the world, loved one, or business partner? Claim you’re a world champion, or want to leave a message to your descendants? Now you can record your text right in the blockchain and it will be there forever. You can also leave it encrypted, for privacy.
Chainy is the latest Ethereum product from Everex, the creators of cryptocash and Ethplorer.io (https://ethplorer.io/). Everex is committed to Ethereum and develops services to improve that ecosystem – and transform the global economy.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019