ChronoBank’s ICO will soon be launching their crowdfunding effort at ChronoBank – which starts at 00:01 UTC on 15 December and ends at 23:59 UTC on 15 February 2017. The initiative combines time-based cryptocurrency payments with the sharing economy to offer employers and freelancers easy access to each other.
“LH WILL TRADE ON OUR LABORX EXCHANGE, ALLOWING INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANISATIONS TO BUY AND SELL THEIR LABOUR TIME. HOWEVER, USING A DECENTRALISED REPUTATION SYSTEM WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT WORKERS ARE REWARDED IN LINE WITH THEIR EXPERTISE, TRAINING AND TALENT, AS WELL AS WITH THE COST OF LIVING IN THEIR COUNTRY,” SAID SERGEI SERGIENKO, WHO IS BOTH CO-FOUNDER OF EDWAY AND CEO OF CHRONOBANK.
ChronoBank’s ICO will distribute TIME tokens to investors on the Ethereum Blockchain. TIME holders will be rewarded with transaction fees every time LH tokens are created on their various Blockchains, or traded on LaborX.
Initiatives like Uber and Airbnb have shown how powerful disintermediation can be, and how the sharing economy is growing as people increasingly look outside of traditional structures of business to access goods and services. Now ChronoBank.io are launching their long-awaited ICO to fund marketing and development for a platform aimed at disrupting the short-term recruitment sector in the same way.
Stable crypto coins
ChronoBank is an evolution of timebanking, a well-established idea that allows participants to swap an hour of work for a time credit, which can then be used to buy labour or other facilities from participating businesses. One of the best-known timebanking systems is Ithaca HOURS, founded by visionary and activist Paul Glover – who is also a consultant for the ChronoBank project. But, he says, there is a fundamental difference now to when he launched HOURS, 25 years ago.
“ITHACA HOURS BEGAN BEFORE THE WORLD-WIDE WEB AND EMAIL. AS MORE COMMERCE MOVES ONLINE, CASH IS ECLIPSED BY ELECTRONS. SO I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO HYBRIDIZING PAPER, COIN AND E-TRADE.”
The lifeblood of ChronoBank is Labour Hour (LH) tokens, which will be created on a range of Blockchains, including ETH, ETC, Waves and others. These will each represent an hour of labour and will be redeemable with participating organisations. Australian labour-hire company Edway, which has 400,000 customers, has already signed up to use ChronoBank’s services, and several other large labour-hire companies have expressed interest. Because labour hire costs tend to rise above inflation, LH will be an excellent store of value and will likely be adopted by cryptocurrency traders as well as for their primary purpose, to purchase labour. LH coins will be created for each country, since different countries have a different cost of living and average wages.
Critically, the new technology allows a more sophisticated design to trading labour than timebanking’s one-size-fits-all approach.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019