ChronoBank’s ICO will soon be launching their crowdfunding effort at ChronoBank – which starts at 00:01 UTC on 15 December and ends at 23:59 UTC on 15 February 2017. The initiative combines time-based cryptocurrency payments with the sharing economy to offer employers and freelancers easy access to each other.
“LH WILL TRADE ON OUR LABORX EXCHANGE, ALLOWING INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANISATIONS TO BUY AND SELL THEIR LABOUR TIME. HOWEVER, USING A DECENTRALISED REPUTATION SYSTEM WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT WORKERS ARE REWARDED IN LINE WITH THEIR EXPERTISE, TRAINING AND TALENT, AS WELL AS WITH THE COST OF LIVING IN THEIR COUNTRY,” SAID SERGEI SERGIENKO, WHO IS BOTH CO-FOUNDER OF EDWAY AND CEO OF CHRONOBANK.
ChronoBank’s ICO will distribute TIME tokens to investors on the Ethereum Blockchain. TIME holders will be rewarded with transaction fees every time LH tokens are created on their various Blockchains, or traded on LaborX.
Initiatives like Uber and Airbnb have shown how powerful disintermediation can be, and how the sharing economy is growing as people increasingly look outside of traditional structures of business to access goods and services. Now ChronoBank.io are launching their long-awaited ICO to fund marketing and development for a platform aimed at disrupting the short-term recruitment sector in the same way.
Stable crypto coins
ChronoBank is an evolution of timebanking, a well-established idea that allows participants to swap an hour of work for a time credit, which can then be used to buy labour or other facilities from participating businesses. One of the best-known timebanking systems is Ithaca HOURS, founded by visionary and activist Paul Glover – who is also a consultant for the ChronoBank project. But, he says, there is a fundamental difference now to when he launched HOURS, 25 years ago.
“ITHACA HOURS BEGAN BEFORE THE WORLD-WIDE WEB AND EMAIL. AS MORE COMMERCE MOVES ONLINE, CASH IS ECLIPSED BY ELECTRONS. SO I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO HYBRIDIZING PAPER, COIN AND E-TRADE.”
The lifeblood of ChronoBank is Labour Hour (LH) tokens, which will be created on a range of Blockchains, including ETH, ETC, Waves and others. These will each represent an hour of labour and will be redeemable with participating organisations. Australian labour-hire company Edway, which has 400,000 customers, has already signed up to use ChronoBank’s services, and several other large labour-hire companies have expressed interest. Because labour hire costs tend to rise above inflation, LH will be an excellent store of value and will likely be adopted by cryptocurrency traders as well as for their primary purpose, to purchase labour. LH coins will be created for each country, since different countries have a different cost of living and average wages.
Critically, the new technology allows a more sophisticated design to trading labour than timebanking’s one-size-fits-all approach.
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019