Today ShapeShift.io, a Blockchain asset exchange platform, has partnered with online bitcoin-enabled marketplace OpenBazaar via their integration of the ShapeShift Shifty Button. This integration allows OpenBazaar shoppers to purchase items from the decentralized, peer-to-peer site with Ethereum, Zcash, Ripple and dozens of other leading digital currencies beyond Bitcoin.
OpenBazaar, which launched in April 2016, is an open source project with the goal to create a decentralized network for peer-to-peer online commerce using bitcoin. The platform allows buyers and sellers of goods to directly create shops and sell goods without fees, restrictions or accounts. Prior to the company’s Shifty Button integration, OpenBazaar was only available to those who had Bitcoin to deposit. Sellers can now accept dozens of digital assets.
“Enabling users to pay for OpenBazaar purchases with bitcoin and dozens of other cryptocurrencies was always something we wanted to do and ShapeShift enabled us to do that quickly and easily,” said OpenBazaar CEO and Project Lead Brian Hoffman. “Our community has been very eager for this feature and we’re happy to be able to provide it through a great partner.”
The ShapeShift Shifty Button provides websites the option of accepting dozens of leading digital currencies by generating an easy-to-implement snippet of code. The Button’s code is free and open source and has been integrated by dozens of bitcoin-friendly merchants to broaden customer payment needs quickly and easily.
“We feel a distinct kinship with the OpenBazaar project, both companies foster permissionless exchange between anyone, anywhere on Earth,” said ShapeShift CEO and Founder Erik Voorhees.
As one of the most talked about commerce projects in the Blockchain space in 2016, OpenBazaar took home three of five awards during the 2016 Blockchain Awards in New York City in May including ‘Best New Startup,’ ‘Bitcoin Champion of the Year’ and ‘Most Promising Consumer Application.’ They announced $3 million in new funding this month, led by BlueYard, a Berlin-based VC, with participation from Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square. The integration with ShapeShift follows the pattern of connections being rapidly formed between “fintech” companies as they innovate within the new payments and digital money industry.
ShapeShift is a crucial piece of infrastructure in the world of Bitcoin. From start to finish, users can exchange Blockchain tokens in seconds, with no account required. No emails or passwords. No lengthy signup process. No accounts. No bid and ask orders. No friction. ShapeShift’s goal is the fastest, safest, and most convenient way to swap digital assets. See more at: https://shapeshift.io
OpenBazaar is an open source project to create a decentralized network for peer to peer commerce online—using Bitcoin—that has no fees and no restrictions. It’s a different way to do online commerce. Instead of visiting a website, you download and install a program on your computer that directly connects you to other people looking to buy and sell goods and services with you. This peer to peer network isn’t controlled by any company or organization – it’s a community of people who want to engage in trade directly with each other. Learn more here: https://openbazaar.org/
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019