The Bank of Russia is not going to take measures to prohibit the use of Bitcoins, recently said deputy chairman Olga Skorobogatov at the Gaidar Forum, a unique intellectual platform and a meeting point for theorists and practitioners, the world leading scientists and politicians and influential representatives of global financial and business elites.
According to the Russian media Skorobogatov said that because Bitcoin is a private currency, it has become clear that the topic is not as simple as it comes across in many media. There are no plans to ban bitcoin any longer but rather try to legislate it more effectively.
“Instead, we want to gain a better understanding of Bitcoin, and build a regulatory framework we have gathered the necessary knowledge,” he added.
“Prohibiting the use of bitcoins and other private currency is completely useless,” said a member of Alfa Bank, Petr Aven, who sits on the board of directors. Private currency does not stop, their use does not stop. How to make sure that they do not weaken the ruble, it is an entirely separate issue. But the ban – it is totally useless history ,” he added.”
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019