Vancouver-based Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) has just announced it has secured David Blaszkowsky as a governance and US regulatory advisor to the Company to assist BIG in developing and establishing data policies, governance structures and processes, compliance frameworks, and metrics.
Most recently, Blaszkowsky was a Senior Vice President at State Street Corporation, where he founded and was Head of Enterprise Data Governance.
Previously, he was a Senior Policy Advisor with the U.S. Department of the Treasury in Washington, D.C.
Lance Morginn, CEO of BIG stated:
“Mr. Blaszkowsky brings the combination of regulatory compliance and enforcement, government policy, and an understanding of Blockchain technology which makes him a natural fit. His experience with State Street, U.S. Treasury, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will greatly assist BIG’s movement toward becoming the recognized standard in Fintech.”
Blaszkowsky is a senior financial services executive, strategist, and thought-leader with thirty years experience as a consultant, corporate manager, senior US regulator, and banker around data and analytics and their governance, management, strategy, analysis, standardization, and use for business growth, risk management, and regulatory compliance and enforcement.
He has established, nurtured, and promoted multiple new financial and regulatory technologies including semantics (XBRL and FIBO), data standards (including the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI), governance techniques, and Blockchain and other Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT).
David was responsible, as the Director of the Office of Interactive Disclosure at the US Securities and Exchange Commission, for the transformation of US financial reporting by the use of XBRL in public company, investment fund, and other financial reports, and went on there and at the US Treasury Office of Financial Research to expand the consideration and use of new standards and technologies (including smart contracts and Blockchain) for the improvement of bank and financial systemic stability.
David Started his career as a consultant at McKinsey & Company, studied economics and the University of Chicago, and received his MBA at the Kellogg School at Northwestern University.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019