In early 2017 SibCoin’s masternode network volume surpassed that of its the coin that spawned it (Dash) and the gap continues to stretch wide open. The question is – how did this mighty Russian bear fly right under the radar of the cryptocommunity?
Emerging out of Russia’s heartland Sibcoin has garnered massive support in the national crypto-community and became the coin of choice for thousands of fans.
Siberia is Russia’s legendary treasure trove, yet denizens of this rough land, just like the rest of the country, often do not feel like their living conditions fully reflect their input in the economy.
Blockchain is seen as a solution to corruption and bureaucratic inefficiency by many. But due to insular political views and general mistrust towards big ideas coming from the West, most Russians up to this time were not ready to trust bitcoin easily and needed something familiar and relatable to introduce them into the world of blockchain. And thus Siberian Chervonets (SibCoin) was born.
SibCoin is a Dash fork, employing additional encryption algorithms devised by Russian cryptographers. First block was mined on May 2015, coin’s adoption growing rapidly ever since.
It is is striving to become the driving force behind the consolidation of the Russian Blockchain community. Frequent community meet-ups are held in every large Siberian city and a score of cities in western Russia and neighbouring countries.
For additional information visit their official website at http://sibcoin.org/en/
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020