In early 2017 SibCoin’s masternode network volume surpassed that of its the coin that spawned it (Dash) and the gap continues to stretch wide open. The question is – how did this mighty Russian bear fly right under the radar of the cryptocommunity?
Emerging out of Russia’s heartland Sibcoin has garnered massive support in the national crypto-community and became the coin of choice for thousands of fans.
Siberia is Russia’s legendary treasure trove, yet denizens of this rough land, just like the rest of the country, often do not feel like their living conditions fully reflect their input in the economy.
Blockchain is seen as a solution to corruption and bureaucratic inefficiency by many. But due to insular political views and general mistrust towards big ideas coming from the West, most Russians up to this time were not ready to trust bitcoin easily and needed something familiar and relatable to introduce them into the world of blockchain. And thus Siberian Chervonets (SibCoin) was born.
SibCoin is a Dash fork, employing additional encryption algorithms devised by Russian cryptographers. First block was mined on May 2015, coin’s adoption growing rapidly ever since.
It is is striving to become the driving force behind the consolidation of the Russian Blockchain community. Frequent community meet-ups are held in every large Siberian city and a score of cities in western Russia and neighbouring countries.
For additional information visit their official website at http://sibcoin.org/en/
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019