In early 2017 SibCoin’s masternode network volume surpassed that of its the coin that spawned it (Dash) and the gap continues to stretch wide open. The question is – how did this mighty Russian bear fly right under the radar of the cryptocommunity?
Emerging out of Russia’s heartland Sibcoin has garnered massive support in the national crypto-community and became the coin of choice for thousands of fans.
Siberia is Russia’s legendary treasure trove, yet denizens of this rough land, just like the rest of the country, often do not feel like their living conditions fully reflect their input in the economy.
Blockchain is seen as a solution to corruption and bureaucratic inefficiency by many. But due to insular political views and general mistrust towards big ideas coming from the West, most Russians up to this time were not ready to trust bitcoin easily and needed something familiar and relatable to introduce them into the world of blockchain. And thus Siberian Chervonets (SibCoin) was born.
SibCoin is a Dash fork, employing additional encryption algorithms devised by Russian cryptographers. First block was mined on May 2015, coin’s adoption growing rapidly ever since.
It is is striving to become the driving force behind the consolidation of the Russian Blockchain community. Frequent community meet-ups are held in every large Siberian city and a score of cities in western Russia and neighbouring countries.
For additional information visit their official website at http://sibcoin.org/en/
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019