A new South African Blockchain-based augmented reality (AR) mobile game called Augmentors, made in South Africa, looks well on its way to meeting its crowdfunding target of $1 million dollars in their Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
According to a report in South Africa’s Ventureburn, by journalist Hadlee Simons, the project’s 30-day crowdfunding round for the Android and iOS game, in the form of an initial coin offering (ICO), hit half of its US$1-million target in 24 hours. Supporters who purchased coins came from the USA, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, Norway, Romania, Netherlands, Canada, and China.
The crowdfunding campaign sees 70 million in-game “Databits” (15 000 Databits is the equivalent of one Bitcoin) being put up for sale. Databits will have utility and not only can the be traded in cryptocurrency exchanges after the ICO, they can also be used in the game.
“The exchange for 1 Bitcoin (BTC) will be 15 000 DataBits. People, who have bought DataBits during the Token Sales or from another player after the end of the Token Sales, will be able to trade their DTB on the Blockchain and exchange them for other cryptocurrencies,” their website notes.
“Seed funding for the development of the game came from Lingham’s startup angel investment firm Newtown Partners, which he co-founded with Cape Town-based venture capitalist Llew Claasen, who is also the executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation,” noted their press release. “Fellow Shark Tank South Africa investor Gil Oved, group co-CEO and co-founder of The Creative Counsel, Africa’s largest advertising agency, is also an angel investor in Augmentors.”
The crowdfunding ICO drive ends on 28 February, with an alpha version of the game expected to launch in May 2017 and a beta launching “shortly thereafter”.
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018