The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance (WSBA) has announced a new working group that will focus on native assets riding upon public Blockchains, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Zcash, and more. The Blockchain Assets Working Group is chaired by Chris Burniske, Blockchain Products Lead at ARK Investment Management, and will explore a number of facets of this emerging asset class, including underlying technologies, development teams, economics, and market behavior.
Blockchain assets ride upon public Blockchain protocols, providing the global population access to decentralized digital resources. These resources can include digital currencies, commodities like compute power and digital storage, and more novel forms of value, like prediction markets or attention economies. Beyond providing access to such resources, traders and investors can actively utilize the Blockchain asset markets to augment their existing strategies and portfolios.
Chris first joined ARK Investment Management as a Next Generation Internet analyst in 2014, covering big data, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and cryptocurrency. After ARK became the first public fund manager to invest in bitcoin, he transitioned to Blockchain Products Lead. He now collaborates with the ARK business development team and performs deep dive research on the Blockchain space. In this respect, Chris regularly speaks at conferences and has been featured on CNBC and Bloomberg, as well as in Forbes, USA Today and the Guardian, among other media outlets.
Notes Ron Quaranta, Chairman of the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance:
“Chris Burniske has been a member of the WSBA almost since inception and is no stranger to providing thought leadership to our members as well as the wider marketplace. We look forward to our global membership benefiting from his expertise and leadership in this increasingly important aspect of Blockchain platforms.”
Chris Burniske added:
“Instead of focusing on how Blockchain technology can be employed within existing financial architectures, this working group will return to the genesis of the Blockchain movement that saw the need for native assets to keep decentralized and open systems in economic balance. The working group will emphasize that the assets are just as important as the technology, providing participants the environment they need to stay on top of the latest developments in public Blockchain networks.”
The first Blockchain Assets Roundtable is scheduled for February 23rd – agenda to be announced shortly. The roundtable is open to WSBA members and select guests, with members receiving a substantial discount.
The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance (WSBA) is a 501 (c)(6) non-profit trade association created for financial market professionals, by financial market professionals. Our mission is to guide and promote comprehensive adoption of distributed ledger technology across financial markets. It does this by engaging with industry leaders, policymakers and technology innovators through direct communication, comment letters, best practice recommendations and more to guide the industry dialogue about this important technological innovation that the financial markets can realize the full potential of these capabilities.
For information about the WSBA, including membership, visit www.wsba.co or email [email protected]
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018