ChronoBank, an ambitious Blockchain project that takes aim at the inefficient recruitment sector, is partnering with the versatile NEM cryptocurrency platform to create a separate wallet for the NEM ecosystem. ChronoBank will also issue Labour Hour (LH) tokens on the NEM network and use on-chain multi-sig, one of NEM’s flagship security features.
NEM (New Economy Movement) was originally conceived as a clone of the well-known Nxt blockchain, but rapidly developed into a completely new project with its own codebase. It has since grown into a thriving community and ecosystem with a market cap of around $45 million, placing it in the top 10 of all cryptocurrencies.
ChronoBank is designed to allow businesses to connect directly with professionals seeking work, cutting out recruitment agencies in much the same way that Uber disintermediates the taxi business. It is currently holding a crowdfund and has launched around $3 million to date.
Labour Hour (LH) tokens are ChronoBank’s native unit of currency, each representing an hour of work at the average rate in its country of issue. A decentralised reputation system will allow freelancers to secure payment in line with their talent and experience, rather than the one-size-fits-all solution of conventional timebanking. ChronoBank has taken the step of issuing these LH tokens on multiple blockchains, including Ethereum, Waves and now NEM. ‘It is important for us to deploy tokens on several blockchains,’ comments Sergei Sergienko, CEO of ChronoBank. ‘This builds in redundancy and broadens our appeal across many initiatives and communities.’
LH will leverage NEM’s token asset facility — powerful functionality that enables businesses to create blockchain tokens with specific properties and identifiers. ‘The flexibility and ease of use of this system is highly appealing to us,’ continues Sergienko. ‘NEM’s developers have designed a powerful but nevertheless intuitive approach to token operations.’
Aside from issuing tokens on the NEM network, ChronoBank is creating a dedicated wallet for the NEM blockchain. This will incorporate another powerful feature of the NEM blockchain: on-chain multi-signature transactions. Up to 32 signatories can be required to sign a transaction and, uniquely to NEM, signatures are propagated across the blockchain as soon as they are created. This means further signatories do not have to worry about an aggregating server going offline — there is no single point of failure.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020