ChronoBank, an ambitious Blockchain project that takes aim at the inefficient recruitment sector, is partnering with the versatile NEM cryptocurrency platform to create a separate wallet for the NEM ecosystem. ChronoBank will also issue Labour Hour (LH) tokens on the NEM network and use on-chain multi-sig, one of NEM’s flagship security features.
NEM (New Economy Movement) was originally conceived as a clone of the well-known Nxt blockchain, but rapidly developed into a completely new project with its own codebase. It has since grown into a thriving community and ecosystem with a market cap of around $45 million, placing it in the top 10 of all cryptocurrencies.
ChronoBank is designed to allow businesses to connect directly with professionals seeking work, cutting out recruitment agencies in much the same way that Uber disintermediates the taxi business. It is currently holding a crowdfund and has launched around $3 million to date.
Labour Hour (LH) tokens are ChronoBank’s native unit of currency, each representing an hour of work at the average rate in its country of issue. A decentralised reputation system will allow freelancers to secure payment in line with their talent and experience, rather than the one-size-fits-all solution of conventional timebanking. ChronoBank has taken the step of issuing these LH tokens on multiple blockchains, including Ethereum, Waves and now NEM. ‘It is important for us to deploy tokens on several blockchains,’ comments Sergei Sergienko, CEO of ChronoBank. ‘This builds in redundancy and broadens our appeal across many initiatives and communities.’
LH will leverage NEM’s token asset facility — powerful functionality that enables businesses to create blockchain tokens with specific properties and identifiers. ‘The flexibility and ease of use of this system is highly appealing to us,’ continues Sergienko. ‘NEM’s developers have designed a powerful but nevertheless intuitive approach to token operations.’
Aside from issuing tokens on the NEM network, ChronoBank is creating a dedicated wallet for the NEM blockchain. This will incorporate another powerful feature of the NEM blockchain: on-chain multi-signature transactions. Up to 32 signatories can be required to sign a transaction and, uniquely to NEM, signatures are propagated across the blockchain as soon as they are created. This means further signatories do not have to worry about an aggregating server going offline — there is no single point of failure.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019