The Chamber of Digital Commerce is co-hosting the “Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon” in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.
This marks the first-ever blockchain Code-A-Thon hosted by a U.S. government entity. The event will take place March 14-15th and winners will be announced will be announced at the DC Blockchain Summit.
Contestants will use open source distributed ledger technology to address the key issues facing modern healthcare:
- Identity Management and APIs: Support the identity management requirements for APIs for both provider-to-provider and patient-mediated exchange.
- Metadata Tagging and Policy Expression: Security metadata and tagging to manage access, provide auditing and provenance information.
- Data Aggregation and Linkage: Securely aggregate, link and share patient data to the destination of their choice.
Perianne Boring, founder and president of the Chamber noted:
“The participation of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services speaks volumes about the serious, long-term potential application of blockchain to the healthcare sector. This competition will highlight the wide-reaching benefits of blockchain and distributed ledger solutions, while creating new opportunities for innovation in the healthcare industry.”
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019