The Chamber of Digital Commerce is co-hosting the “Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon” in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.
This marks the first-ever blockchain Code-A-Thon hosted by a U.S. government entity. The event will take place March 14-15th and winners will be announced will be announced at the DC Blockchain Summit.
Contestants will use open source distributed ledger technology to address the key issues facing modern healthcare:
- Identity Management and APIs: Support the identity management requirements for APIs for both provider-to-provider and patient-mediated exchange.
- Metadata Tagging and Policy Expression: Security metadata and tagging to manage access, provide auditing and provenance information.
- Data Aggregation and Linkage: Securely aggregate, link and share patient data to the destination of their choice.
Perianne Boring, founder and president of the Chamber noted:
“The participation of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services speaks volumes about the serious, long-term potential application of blockchain to the healthcare sector. This competition will highlight the wide-reaching benefits of blockchain and distributed ledger solutions, while creating new opportunities for innovation in the healthcare industry.”
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019