Monax, a market-leading Blockchain and smart contract company, today announced that it has joined the Hyperledger Project as a General member. Hosted by the Linux Foundation, Hyperledger is a collaborative cross-industry consortium created to advance Blockchain and smart contract technology.
Monax will be the first member company in Hyperledger to bring Ethereum to the Hyperledger Project. Joining firms like IBM and Intel, Monax is re-licensing its Blockchain client, which includes a built-to-specification Ethereum Virtual Machine (“EVM”), to Apache 2.0 and proposing it to Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee (“TSC”) for incubation.
“We’re very pleased to be joining Hyperledger and submitting our client for consideration by the TSC,” said Casey Kuhlman, Chief Executive Officer of Monax. “From our perspective joining has many merits. Our users will benefit greatly from the confidence of Hyperledger’s strong community and code governance frameworks. If our code proposal is accepted, Hyperledger will gain a Blockchain client that includes an EVM. And we get to build new relationships with the outstanding people and firms of this consortium who are doing the hard work to advance smart contract technology to production-readiness and change the world.”
“We’re very happy to welcome Monax aboard,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “Although a lot of big names have joined Hyperledger, cutting-edge startups like Monax have a great deal to contribute as well, both in terms of code and new ideas. We’re especially excited at the prospect of bringing more Ethereum-related technology into the Hyperledger community, complementing the existing portfolio of projects. Monax’s proposal and code makes this possible, and we are looking forward to working with them and the new participants this effort will attract.”
Monax’s software is an open platform for developers and devops to build, ship, and run Blockchain and smart contract systems for enterprise. From offices in London, Berlin, and the New York area, Monax’s multidisciplinary team of lawyers, scientists, and engineers combine their respective areas of expertise to deliver fit-for-purpose Blockchain and smart contract tooling to the world’s best companies, whether innovative startups or global financial infrastructure providers. To learn more, visit: https://monax.io.
The Hyperledger project is an open source collaborative effort created to advance Blockchain technology by addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger Project as a Collaborative Project under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020