Monax, a market-leading Blockchain and smart contract company, today announced that it has joined the Hyperledger Project as a General member. Hosted by the Linux Foundation, Hyperledger is a collaborative cross-industry consortium created to advance Blockchain and smart contract technology.
Monax will be the first member company in Hyperledger to bring Ethereum to the Hyperledger Project. Joining firms like IBM and Intel, Monax is re-licensing its Blockchain client, which includes a built-to-specification Ethereum Virtual Machine (“EVM”), to Apache 2.0 and proposing it to Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee (“TSC”) for incubation.
“We’re very pleased to be joining Hyperledger and submitting our client for consideration by the TSC,” said Casey Kuhlman, Chief Executive Officer of Monax. “From our perspective joining has many merits. Our users will benefit greatly from the confidence of Hyperledger’s strong community and code governance frameworks. If our code proposal is accepted, Hyperledger will gain a Blockchain client that includes an EVM. And we get to build new relationships with the outstanding people and firms of this consortium who are doing the hard work to advance smart contract technology to production-readiness and change the world.”
“We’re very happy to welcome Monax aboard,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “Although a lot of big names have joined Hyperledger, cutting-edge startups like Monax have a great deal to contribute as well, both in terms of code and new ideas. We’re especially excited at the prospect of bringing more Ethereum-related technology into the Hyperledger community, complementing the existing portfolio of projects. Monax’s proposal and code makes this possible, and we are looking forward to working with them and the new participants this effort will attract.”
Monax’s software is an open platform for developers and devops to build, ship, and run Blockchain and smart contract systems for enterprise. From offices in London, Berlin, and the New York area, Monax’s multidisciplinary team of lawyers, scientists, and engineers combine their respective areas of expertise to deliver fit-for-purpose Blockchain and smart contract tooling to the world’s best companies, whether innovative startups or global financial infrastructure providers. To learn more, visit: https://monax.io.
The Hyperledger project is an open source collaborative effort created to advance Blockchain technology by addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger Project as a Collaborative Project under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019