Following up on a scoop at Blockchain News via the d10e conference in Bucharest in February 2017, Blockchain Capital, the premier venture capital firm investing in blockchain technology companies, has officially announced its intention to raise its third fund via a combination of a traditional limited partnership called Blockchain Capital III, LP and an additional fund offered via a digital token called the BCAP.
In line with its strategy to drive innovation based on blockchain technology, the partners decided to pursue a parallel offering of Ethereum-based tokens, issued by a Singapore entity, that would represent an evergreen fractional ownership in a new fund called Blockchain Capital III Digital Liquid Venture Fund, LP.
“Blockchain Capital is the first venture fund to offer its own digital tokens and it’s expected to be a major disruption to the venture capital industry,” said Brock Pierce, Managing Partner of Blockchain Capital. “We’re providing the investor base across the globe with the opportunity to invest into a leading venture fund via a liquid, tradable, digital token. We also believe we are democratizing access to an asset class traditionally only available to elite institutional investors.”
“In this environment of minimal IPOs, giving investors a new liquidity mechanism through this innovative, smart contract-driven, token technology is a unique and important value proposition,” said Brad Stephens, Managing Partner of Blockchain Capital.
The investment focus of the new fund will continue Blockchain Capital’s established practice of identifying outstanding blockchain technology companies led by ambitious management teams and partnering with them to accelerate growth. As enterprise use cases for the Blockchain proliferate across industries beyond financial technology, this capital raise gives Blockchain Capital the opportunity to maintain its leadership position in supporting the broadening ecosystem.
Blockchain Capital’s current portfolio comprises 43 unique companies from its prior two funds. These include BitFury, BitGo, BitPesa, BlockCypher, Blockstream, Chain, Coinbase, Gem, GoCoin, ItBit, PeerNova, Ripple, Wave, and Xapo, among other blockchain technology leaders. Recent successful exits include Twilio, where Blockchain Capital sold its shares in Authy to Twilio, which then had a successful IPO.
The offering will be bookrun by The Argon Group, via its subsidiary Argon Investment Management LLC, under Regulation D Section 506(c) and Regulation S exemptions from registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Full details of the offering will be disclosed in the offering memorandum, which is expected to be published on April 3, 2017 via www.vctoken.com.
Blockchain Capital is the premier venture capital firm investing in blockchain technology companies. Launched in 2013, Blockchain Capital’s initial fund was the first venture capital fund dedicated to the Bitcoin / blockchain ecosystem, and was also the first fund to accept capital calls in Bitcoin. Blockchain Capital is a sector specific, multi-stage, venture capital firm that seeks to gain diverse exposure to the blockchain ecosystem while offering unique co-investment opportunities and proprietary deal flow to its investors. The firm was founded by Bart Stephens, Brad Stephens, and Brock Pierce. For more information, please email [email protected]
The Argon Group (the “Group”) is an investment bank with a focus on digital finance – the emerging crypto-currency and token-based capital markets. The Group provides financial advisory, placement, and technology services to companies seeking to raise equity, debt, and non-dilutive capital. The Group develops technical placement solutions, including digital tokens powered by advanced smart contracts, which Argon operates through a digital asset placement platform called TokenHub.com. The Group is also developing NYCEX, a digital asset and crypto-currency exchange, which will be on the cutting edge of technology and compliance. For more information, please email [email protected], follow @theargongroup, visit the website www.argongroup.com or call 650-665-9210.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019