Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott, co-authors of the best-selling book Blockchain Revolution are pleased to announce the formation of the Blockchain Research Institute (BRI).
“Accenture and The Tapscott Group have a long history of successful collaboration. Being a founding member of the BRI underscores Accenture’s commitment to making Blockchain real for clients, and we are pleased to be part of this important initiative,” said Simon Whitehouse, Senior Managing Director, Global Blockchain Technologies Lead at Accenture.
Based in Toronto, Canada and funded by companies and governments from several countries, the BRI will conduct the definitive exploration of Blockchain use cases, opportunities and implementation challenges. A global team of dozens of experts will explore financial services, manufacturing, retail, energy and resources, technology/media, healthcare and government; as well as how this new technology changes the way we manage companies.
“We believe Blockchain is a transformative technology for businesses. The Blockchain Research Institute with its brilliant team will deepen and enrich the knowledge about Blockchain. We highly appreciate and fully support this effort and will contribute our deep expertise in business processes as the global leader in enterprise software,” added SAP Chief Innovation Officer Juergen Mueller.
Two dozen companies and governments (listed below) are the Founding Members, and the Institute will be inviting another large coporations and govenments to join. The Institute has also engaged with several multi-stakeholder organizations in the Blockchain space, to ensure they are providing collaborative and execution-based deliverables for their members. Affiliate Organizations include Hyperledger, The Chamber of Digital Commerce, COALA.io, and the newly created Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
Mike Fries, CEO Liberty Global said:
“Don Tapscott has a long history of figuring out the next big thing and with his son Alex literally wrote the book on Blockchain. We’re to happy to be support their new initiative and look forward to great things that will help Liberty Global for this next stage of the Internet.”
The group has also engaged with several multi-stakeholder organizations in the Blockchain space, to ensure they are providing collaborative and execution-based deliverables for their members. Affiliate Organizations include Hyperledger, The Chamber of Digital Commerce, COALA.io, and The newly created Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Technology Industry – Accenture, IBM, SAP
- Financial Industry – Digital Asset, NASDAQ
- Global Corporations – Pepsico, Centrica, Liberty Global
- Government – Province of Ontario, University Health Network
- Blockchain Pioneers – Nuco Inc., Paycase, Artlery, Votem, Cosmos, Youbase, Wisekey
- Affiliate Organizations – The Hyperledger Project, the Chamber of Digital Commerce, Coala.io, Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020