Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott, co-authors of the best-selling book Blockchain Revolution are pleased to announce the formation of the Blockchain Research Institute (BRI).
“Accenture and The Tapscott Group have a long history of successful collaboration. Being a founding member of the BRI underscores Accenture’s commitment to making Blockchain real for clients, and we are pleased to be part of this important initiative,” said Simon Whitehouse, Senior Managing Director, Global Blockchain Technologies Lead at Accenture.
Based in Toronto, Canada and funded by companies and governments from several countries, the BRI will conduct the definitive exploration of Blockchain use cases, opportunities and implementation challenges. A global team of dozens of experts will explore financial services, manufacturing, retail, energy and resources, technology/media, healthcare and government; as well as how this new technology changes the way we manage companies.
“We believe Blockchain is a transformative technology for businesses. The Blockchain Research Institute with its brilliant team will deepen and enrich the knowledge about Blockchain. We highly appreciate and fully support this effort and will contribute our deep expertise in business processes as the global leader in enterprise software,” added SAP Chief Innovation Officer Juergen Mueller.
Two dozen companies and governments (listed below) are the Founding Members, and the Institute will be inviting another large coporations and govenments to join. The Institute has also engaged with several multi-stakeholder organizations in the Blockchain space, to ensure they are providing collaborative and execution-based deliverables for their members. Affiliate Organizations include Hyperledger, The Chamber of Digital Commerce, COALA.io, and the newly created Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
Mike Fries, CEO Liberty Global said:
“Don Tapscott has a long history of figuring out the next big thing and with his son Alex literally wrote the book on Blockchain. We’re to happy to be support their new initiative and look forward to great things that will help Liberty Global for this next stage of the Internet.”
The group has also engaged with several multi-stakeholder organizations in the Blockchain space, to ensure they are providing collaborative and execution-based deliverables for their members. Affiliate Organizations include Hyperledger, The Chamber of Digital Commerce, COALA.io, and The newly created Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Technology Industry – Accenture, IBM, SAP
- Financial Industry – Digital Asset, NASDAQ
- Global Corporations – Pepsico, Centrica, Liberty Global
- Government – Province of Ontario, University Health Network
- Blockchain Pioneers – Nuco Inc., Paycase, Artlery, Votem, Cosmos, Youbase, Wisekey
- Affiliate Organizations – The Hyperledger Project, the Chamber of Digital Commerce, Coala.io, Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019