Blockchain Technologies Corp. has offered support for Maine State Senator Eric L. Brakey for introducing a resolution to the Main State Senate proposing the creation of a commission to study the use of Blockchain technology in conjunction with paper ballots for Maine elections. Blockchain Technologies Corp. traveled to Maine on Monday, 3/27/17, to speak at the initial public hearing for the resolution. Many members on the committee were completely new to Blockchain and they raised some interesting questions.
The Blockchain is a new technology that uses a global network of computers to create timestamped records that cannot be altered or deleted. In other words, once the ballots are scanned the data is “set in stone” — nobody is able to manipulate the results. It is a whole new paradigm of data integrity. One representative was concerned about using Bitcoin, but was reassured once it was clarified that Blockchain and Bitcoin are not the same thing.
“People are learning the hard way that there are many different Blockchains, and the Blockchain whose participation in is rewarded in Bitcoin has so far happened to be the most transparent and highly secure for data storage,” says CEO Nick Spanos.
However, even with the use of such a cutting edge technology, the original paper ballots filled out by voters remain the ultimate document of record. A representative from the League of Women Voters and the Maine Secretary of State’s office both appeared at the hearing to oppose the bill thinking it was an internet-based voting system, but changed their mind upon learning paper ballots remain the foundation of the Blockchain voting system.
A variation of the Blockchain voting system developed by Blockchain Technologies Corp. uses paper ballots. Ballots are fed through a high speed scanner to record voters’ choices and as each ballot is scanned, the votes, including a ‘hash’ of the ballot’s image, are uploaded to the Blockchain.
Blockchain Technologies Corp. is based in New York, NY. They bring sorely-needed technology and increased transparency to the election process. In 2016 the company live-recorded Iowa Caucus results on the Blockchain and conducted elections at the Libertarian Party state conventions in Texas and New York. Blockchain Technologies Corp. has been awarded 16.7% of all Blockchain patents to date.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019