The Initial Coin Offering or Token Sale fundraiser for building out the Cosmos Network – a network of Blockchains to solve some of the biggest problems facing the Blockchain industry, such as the lack of interoperability, poor performance and scalability – will start on Thursday, April 6 at 6am PDT, and will last at most two weeks. Based on the ground-breaking Tendermint consensus algorithm, the project is scheduled to be released in Q4 2017.
Participants in the fundraiser will be allocated atoms, the native token of the Cosmos Network upon launch. The cap is set at USD$10m.
Atoms will be used to perform important functions of the network including validating blocks and will earn transaction fees.
The Tendermint consensus algorithm was started in 2014, and has strong traction in Blockchain consortium and enterprise use cases. It can support block-times of 1 to 2 seconds and thousands of transactions per second. Leading Blockchain companies, such as Monax and Stratumn, have been building on Tendermint. Tendermint-based PoCs have been deployed by companies including Accenture, SwissRe, Barclays, Tokyo Stock Exchange, SWIFT and Deloitte.
Recently, the leading Ethereum client Parity has also integrated Tendermint, making it possible to run private Ethereum networks with the Tendermint consensus.
The Cosmos Network will allow native connectivity between different Blockchains. It will include an on-chain decentralized exchange that combines decentralized custodianship with centralized order-matching. This way, it will be possible to combine the performance of centralized exchanges with the security of decentralized exchanges.
A key component of the Cosmos Network is the InterBlockchain Communication (IBC) Protocol, which allows moving assets between Blockchains. Bridges to existing major Blockchains Bitcoin and Ethereum are being developed, which will allow moving bitcoin and ether on to the Cosmos Network.
Various projects are lining up to build on the Cosmos Network. One example is Blockchain-based lending platform WeTrust. “With the Cosmos Network our users will have the freedom to move cryptocurrencies around with ease and allow WeTrust to serve more people.” shared the WeTrust Co-Founder Patrick Long.
Responsible for creating the Cosmos network is the Interchain Foundation, a non-profit based in Zug, Switzerland.
Cosmos shapes up to play a key role in the rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem by addressing the key problems of interoperability and scalability. Through creating an internet of Blockchains, it will make it possible for digital value on different Blockchains to be transferred and exchanged with ease.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019