The Initial Coin Offering or Token Sale fundraiser for building out the Cosmos Network – a network of Blockchains to solve some of the biggest problems facing the Blockchain industry, such as the lack of interoperability, poor performance and scalability – will start on Thursday, April 6 at 6am PDT, and will last at most two weeks. Based on the ground-breaking Tendermint consensus algorithm, the project is scheduled to be released in Q4 2017.
Participants in the fundraiser will be allocated atoms, the native token of the Cosmos Network upon launch. The cap is set at USD$10m.
Atoms will be used to perform important functions of the network including validating blocks and will earn transaction fees.
The Tendermint consensus algorithm was started in 2014, and has strong traction in Blockchain consortium and enterprise use cases. It can support block-times of 1 to 2 seconds and thousands of transactions per second. Leading Blockchain companies, such as Monax and Stratumn, have been building on Tendermint. Tendermint-based PoCs have been deployed by companies including Accenture, SwissRe, Barclays, Tokyo Stock Exchange, SWIFT and Deloitte.
Recently, the leading Ethereum client Parity has also integrated Tendermint, making it possible to run private Ethereum networks with the Tendermint consensus.
The Cosmos Network will allow native connectivity between different Blockchains. It will include an on-chain decentralized exchange that combines decentralized custodianship with centralized order-matching. This way, it will be possible to combine the performance of centralized exchanges with the security of decentralized exchanges.
A key component of the Cosmos Network is the InterBlockchain Communication (IBC) Protocol, which allows moving assets between Blockchains. Bridges to existing major Blockchains Bitcoin and Ethereum are being developed, which will allow moving bitcoin and ether on to the Cosmos Network.
Various projects are lining up to build on the Cosmos Network. One example is Blockchain-based lending platform WeTrust. “With the Cosmos Network our users will have the freedom to move cryptocurrencies around with ease and allow WeTrust to serve more people.” shared the WeTrust Co-Founder Patrick Long.
Responsible for creating the Cosmos network is the Interchain Foundation, a non-profit based in Zug, Switzerland.
Cosmos shapes up to play a key role in the rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem by addressing the key problems of interoperability and scalability. Through creating an internet of Blockchains, it will make it possible for digital value on different Blockchains to be transferred and exchanged with ease.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019