The Initial Coin Offering or Token Sale fundraiser for building out the Cosmos Network – a network of Blockchains to solve some of the biggest problems facing the Blockchain industry, such as the lack of interoperability, poor performance and scalability – will start on Thursday, April 6 at 6am PDT, and will last at most two weeks. Based on the ground-breaking Tendermint consensus algorithm, the project is scheduled to be released in Q4 2017.
Participants in the fundraiser will be allocated atoms, the native token of the Cosmos Network upon launch. The cap is set at USD$10m.
Atoms will be used to perform important functions of the network including validating blocks and will earn transaction fees.
The Tendermint consensus algorithm was started in 2014, and has strong traction in Blockchain consortium and enterprise use cases. It can support block-times of 1 to 2 seconds and thousands of transactions per second. Leading Blockchain companies, such as Monax and Stratumn, have been building on Tendermint. Tendermint-based PoCs have been deployed by companies including Accenture, SwissRe, Barclays, Tokyo Stock Exchange, SWIFT and Deloitte.
Recently, the leading Ethereum client Parity has also integrated Tendermint, making it possible to run private Ethereum networks with the Tendermint consensus.
The Cosmos Network will allow native connectivity between different Blockchains. It will include an on-chain decentralized exchange that combines decentralized custodianship with centralized order-matching. This way, it will be possible to combine the performance of centralized exchanges with the security of decentralized exchanges.
A key component of the Cosmos Network is the InterBlockchain Communication (IBC) Protocol, which allows moving assets between Blockchains. Bridges to existing major Blockchains Bitcoin and Ethereum are being developed, which will allow moving bitcoin and ether on to the Cosmos Network.
Various projects are lining up to build on the Cosmos Network. One example is Blockchain-based lending platform WeTrust. “With the Cosmos Network our users will have the freedom to move cryptocurrencies around with ease and allow WeTrust to serve more people.” shared the WeTrust Co-Founder Patrick Long.
Responsible for creating the Cosmos network is the Interchain Foundation, a non-profit based in Zug, Switzerland.
Cosmos shapes up to play a key role in the rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem by addressing the key problems of interoperability and scalability. Through creating an internet of Blockchains, it will make it possible for digital value on different Blockchains to be transferred and exchanged with ease.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019