Synereo has announced the release of its first “Attention Economy toolkit” component: Synereo Qrator – a tool that allows users to monetize original content, get rewarded for sharing quality with others as well as discover the best content on the web.
Explaining Qrator and its place in Synereo’s roadmap towards a decentralized social network, Dor Konforty, the company’s CEO, stated:
“Our main goal at this stage is giving users a taste of a network that puts Creators and Curators on top of the Internet’s monetary food chain. Qrator allows us to build a social graph spanning multiple services and bootstrap strong network effects on top of existing, popular applications. With this information and user base, Synereo will be able to hit the ground running with its decentralized social networking app – already populated with users, their social environments, identities and histories – all securely stored on the blockchain, privately owned, accessible and controlled by them only.“ – Dor Konforty, Synereo CEO.
Qrator will be released as beta in June, establishing a decentralized “Attention Economy Layer”. In the months to follow, Qrator will further include a distributed content delivery network, allowing users to directly upload content to the Synereo CDN. With the operation of Qrator, Synereo seeks to build a cross-platform and inter-network decentralized social graph, laying the ground for the network effects necessary to bootstrap a fully populated, decentralized social content app based on blockchain and distributed storage technologies.
According to a blogpost published by Synereo, Qrator’s closest touchpoint to the existing Internet is a browser extension that follows the user while browsing through content hosting platforms such as YouTube, Soundcloud, Reddit and the like, and enables them to “Amplify” content pieces such as videos, music clips or articles, using AMPs – Synereo’s native cryptocurrency.
Synereo explains that “Amplification” is a process where a user stakes a customizable amount of AMPs on a given piece of content and spreads it through various social channels. If the piece of content proves itself to be accepted and posted further on by their audience, the user collects AMP dividends, while the creator of the content receives a share of every sequential Amplification staking-amount paid.
According to Synereo, this way, content creators can derive income from their work, while curators are incentivized to find promising content and distribute it among audiences interested in it. Additionally, Content creators themselves have the ability to stake AMPs on content and Amplify their reach in the network based on Synereo’s Attention Economy model. This creates a new “Internet Meta-Layer”, where the flow of information benefits those who have created value throughout it.
Power users, meaning professional curators and creators, can monitor their statistics on the Qrator Dashboard and analyze the added value they’ve created in terms of reach and traffic, also improving their curation activities through an understanding of their influence.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company which develops Attention Economy solutions for the decentralized web – allowing users to get rewarded for the value they create online.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020