Synereo has announced the release of its first “Attention Economy toolkit” component: Synereo Qrator – a tool that allows users to monetize original content, get rewarded for sharing quality with others as well as discover the best content on the web.
Explaining Qrator and its place in Synereo’s roadmap towards a decentralized social network, Dor Konforty, the company’s CEO, stated:
“Our main goal at this stage is giving users a taste of a network that puts Creators and Curators on top of the Internet’s monetary food chain. Qrator allows us to build a social graph spanning multiple services and bootstrap strong network effects on top of existing, popular applications. With this information and user base, Synereo will be able to hit the ground running with its decentralized social networking app – already populated with users, their social environments, identities and histories – all securely stored on the blockchain, privately owned, accessible and controlled by them only.“ – Dor Konforty, Synereo CEO.
Qrator will be released as beta in June, establishing a decentralized “Attention Economy Layer”. In the months to follow, Qrator will further include a distributed content delivery network, allowing users to directly upload content to the Synereo CDN. With the operation of Qrator, Synereo seeks to build a cross-platform and inter-network decentralized social graph, laying the ground for the network effects necessary to bootstrap a fully populated, decentralized social content app based on blockchain and distributed storage technologies.
According to a blogpost published by Synereo, Qrator’s closest touchpoint to the existing Internet is a browser extension that follows the user while browsing through content hosting platforms such as YouTube, Soundcloud, Reddit and the like, and enables them to “Amplify” content pieces such as videos, music clips or articles, using AMPs – Synereo’s native cryptocurrency.
Synereo explains that “Amplification” is a process where a user stakes a customizable amount of AMPs on a given piece of content and spreads it through various social channels. If the piece of content proves itself to be accepted and posted further on by their audience, the user collects AMP dividends, while the creator of the content receives a share of every sequential Amplification staking-amount paid.
According to Synereo, this way, content creators can derive income from their work, while curators are incentivized to find promising content and distribute it among audiences interested in it. Additionally, Content creators themselves have the ability to stake AMPs on content and Amplify their reach in the network based on Synereo’s Attention Economy model. This creates a new “Internet Meta-Layer”, where the flow of information benefits those who have created value throughout it.
Power users, meaning professional curators and creators, can monitor their statistics on the Qrator Dashboard and analyze the added value they’ve created in terms of reach and traffic, also improving their curation activities through an understanding of their influence.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company which develops Attention Economy solutions for the decentralized web – allowing users to get rewarded for the value they create online.
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance - March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America - February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains - February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet - February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants - February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad - February 25, 2019