iExec, the world’s first distributed cloud platform, reached its crowdfund target of $12 million within three hours on Wednesday making it the 5th largest Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in history. More than 1200 individuals contributed the equivalent of 10,000 BTC in return for RLC tokens. RLC tokens (‘Runs on Lots of Computers’) are the sole means of paying for services on the iExec platform, granting holders payment and access rights to the first distributed cloud network.
Headquartered in Lyon, France, the iExec team will now start work on building a distributed computing network that will allow anyone anywhere in the world to provision computing resources through the cloud. Current cloud services are struggling to meet the demand for resource intensive business practices and their centralised design creates a bottleneck for data. iExec proposes a completely new model that pools computing resources from participants on the network making them available to everyone.
The distributed design of iExec is suited to an emerging class merging distributed business models that includes blockchain-based enterprise, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). iExec will provide distributed applications running on the blockchain with scalable, secure and easy access to the services, the data-sets and the computing resources they need. It’s technology relies on Ethereum smart contracts to manage a virtual Cloud infrastructure and enable high-performance computing services on demand.
‘At iExec, we can now organize decentralized infrastructures and market places, where everyone will be able to rent its computing resources, where the innovative SMEs which design Big Data and HPC applications will be able to sell them online immediately with the needed resources to run them, and where highly valued data-sets will be rentable with a fine-grain business model’ Gilles Fedak, CEO, iExec
The team is lead by CEO Dr. Gilles Fedak and Chief Scientist Dr. Haiwu He, two well respected researchers in distributed and cloud computing. Together they have co-authored over 120 papers in their respective specialisms. They will now lead the team on a four year plan with the first milestone scheduled for release at Devcon 3 in October 2017, a highly anticipated mainnet with off-chain computing for DApps.
For more information about iExec visit http://iex.ec
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018