iExec, the world’s first distributed cloud platform, reached its crowdfund target of $12 million within three hours on Wednesday making it the 5th largest Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in history. More than 1200 individuals contributed the equivalent of 10,000 BTC in return for RLC tokens. RLC tokens (‘Runs on Lots of Computers’) are the sole means of paying for services on the iExec platform, granting holders payment and access rights to the first distributed cloud network.
Headquartered in Lyon, France, the iExec team will now start work on building a distributed computing network that will allow anyone anywhere in the world to provision computing resources through the cloud. Current cloud services are struggling to meet the demand for resource intensive business practices and their centralised design creates a bottleneck for data. iExec proposes a completely new model that pools computing resources from participants on the network making them available to everyone.
The distributed design of iExec is suited to an emerging class merging distributed business models that includes blockchain-based enterprise, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). iExec will provide distributed applications running on the blockchain with scalable, secure and easy access to the services, the data-sets and the computing resources they need. It’s technology relies on Ethereum smart contracts to manage a virtual Cloud infrastructure and enable high-performance computing services on demand.
‘At iExec, we can now organize decentralized infrastructures and market places, where everyone will be able to rent its computing resources, where the innovative SMEs which design Big Data and HPC applications will be able to sell them online immediately with the needed resources to run them, and where highly valued data-sets will be rentable with a fine-grain business model’ Gilles Fedak, CEO, iExec
The team is lead by CEO Dr. Gilles Fedak and Chief Scientist Dr. Haiwu He, two well respected researchers in distributed and cloud computing. Together they have co-authored over 120 papers in their respective specialisms. They will now lead the team on a four year plan with the first milestone scheduled for release at Devcon 3 in October 2017, a highly anticipated mainnet with off-chain computing for DApps.
For more information about iExec visit http://iex.ec
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020