Patientory, a Blockchain healthcare tech start-up revolutionizing how patients track their health history, attended the 2017 Southeastern Medical Device Association Conference (SEMDA) in Atlanta last week, where they won top prize in the SEMDA PitchRound competition, and now go on to the 2017 MedTech Innovator Showcase in September and have a chance to compete in the $500K competition.
MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. The organization partnered with SEMDA, a regional non-profit association that provides resources to accelerate device development and achieve commercial success with access to funding, education, and networking opportunities for medical device companies in the southeastern United States.
Patientory emerged as this year’s most highly investable company, fighting off tough competition from five other companies in the final PitchRounds, scooping $10,000 investment from SEMDA and a $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship for their vision to deliver a patient-centered protocol supported by Blockchain technology that will empower individuals to manage their health records in a format that offers true interoperability and security.
Patientory Founder & CEO Chrissa McFarlane said:
“It was such an honor winning the SEMDA 2017 pitch competition and the $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship, I’m still in awe! SEMDA not only serves as the central connecting hub for the Southeast medtech community, but has been a fantastic platform for us to connect with investors, suppliers, and specialists to help accelerate our vision.”
Jason Rupp, Executive Director, Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) said:
“The SEMDA PitchRounds competition is a year-long program designed to bring the best companies in the southeast together at the SEMDA annual conference. We’ve been delighted by the incredible amount of interest in this this program and look forward to building it in our partnership with Medtech Innovator. While many know about Blockchain technology’s uses for financial services, Patientory’s pitch demonstrated and convinced the judges of its exciting potential for new, innovative uses in health care.”
In addition to the MedTech Innovator Showcase, which will include Patientory among the top 50 competitors, MedTech Innovator will hold its competition finals at The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed in San Jose, Calif., on 26th September 2017. The four finalists will make their pitches on the plenary main stage, and as part of the exciting finale, the audience will decide the winner of the cash prize and the title of MedTech Innovator 2017.
Patientory continues to demonstrate their suitability for investment, announcing their token sale last week. Pre-sale commitment levels are unprecedented and Patientory are expecting sales of the PTY crypto-token to sell out quickly when the token sale goes live May 17. To find out more, please see here: http://patientory.com/token-sa
Patientory is an advanced healthcare app that lets users create a patient profile to keep track of their health history. The free to use app provides patients an easy and hassle free way of tracking doctor visits, medical bills, personal medical information, insurance, immunizations and pharmacy medications.
The company has a strong Blockchain management team and a broad based advisory board that spans both healthcare and business expertise including Shawn Wilkinson, CEO of the Blockchain company Storj.
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018