Patientory, a Blockchain healthcare tech start-up revolutionizing how patients track their health history, attended the 2017 Southeastern Medical Device Association Conference (SEMDA) in Atlanta last week, where they won top prize in the SEMDA PitchRound competition, and now go on to the 2017 MedTech Innovator Showcase in September and have a chance to compete in the $500K competition.
MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. The organization partnered with SEMDA, a regional non-profit association that provides resources to accelerate device development and achieve commercial success with access to funding, education, and networking opportunities for medical device companies in the southeastern United States.
Patientory emerged as this year’s most highly investable company, fighting off tough competition from five other companies in the final PitchRounds, scooping $10,000 investment from SEMDA and a $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship for their vision to deliver a patient-centered protocol supported by Blockchain technology that will empower individuals to manage their health records in a format that offers true interoperability and security.
Patientory Founder & CEO Chrissa McFarlane said:
“It was such an honor winning the SEMDA 2017 pitch competition and the $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship, I’m still in awe! SEMDA not only serves as the central connecting hub for the Southeast medtech community, but has been a fantastic platform for us to connect with investors, suppliers, and specialists to help accelerate our vision.”
Jason Rupp, Executive Director, Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) said:
“The SEMDA PitchRounds competition is a year-long program designed to bring the best companies in the southeast together at the SEMDA annual conference. We’ve been delighted by the incredible amount of interest in this this program and look forward to building it in our partnership with Medtech Innovator. While many know about Blockchain technology’s uses for financial services, Patientory’s pitch demonstrated and convinced the judges of its exciting potential for new, innovative uses in health care.”
In addition to the MedTech Innovator Showcase, which will include Patientory among the top 50 competitors, MedTech Innovator will hold its competition finals at The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed in San Jose, Calif., on 26th September 2017. The four finalists will make their pitches on the plenary main stage, and as part of the exciting finale, the audience will decide the winner of the cash prize and the title of MedTech Innovator 2017.
Patientory continues to demonstrate their suitability for investment, announcing their token sale last week. Pre-sale commitment levels are unprecedented and Patientory are expecting sales of the PTY crypto-token to sell out quickly when the token sale goes live May 17. To find out more, please see here: http://patientory.com/token-sa
Patientory is an advanced healthcare app that lets users create a patient profile to keep track of their health history. The free to use app provides patients an easy and hassle free way of tracking doctor visits, medical bills, personal medical information, insurance, immunizations and pharmacy medications.
The company has a strong Blockchain management team and a broad based advisory board that spans both healthcare and business expertise including Shawn Wilkinson, CEO of the Blockchain company Storj.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019