Patientory, a Blockchain healthcare tech start-up revolutionizing how patients track their health history, attended the 2017 Southeastern Medical Device Association Conference (SEMDA) in Atlanta last week, where they won top prize in the SEMDA PitchRound competition, and now go on to the 2017 MedTech Innovator Showcase in September and have a chance to compete in the $500K competition.
MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. The organization partnered with SEMDA, a regional non-profit association that provides resources to accelerate device development and achieve commercial success with access to funding, education, and networking opportunities for medical device companies in the southeastern United States.
Patientory emerged as this year’s most highly investable company, fighting off tough competition from five other companies in the final PitchRounds, scooping $10,000 investment from SEMDA and a $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship for their vision to deliver a patient-centered protocol supported by Blockchain technology that will empower individuals to manage their health records in a format that offers true interoperability and security.
Patientory Founder & CEO Chrissa McFarlane said:
“It was such an honor winning the SEMDA 2017 pitch competition and the $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship, I’m still in awe! SEMDA not only serves as the central connecting hub for the Southeast medtech community, but has been a fantastic platform for us to connect with investors, suppliers, and specialists to help accelerate our vision.”
Jason Rupp, Executive Director, Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) said:
“The SEMDA PitchRounds competition is a year-long program designed to bring the best companies in the southeast together at the SEMDA annual conference. We’ve been delighted by the incredible amount of interest in this this program and look forward to building it in our partnership with Medtech Innovator. While many know about Blockchain technology’s uses for financial services, Patientory’s pitch demonstrated and convinced the judges of its exciting potential for new, innovative uses in health care.”
In addition to the MedTech Innovator Showcase, which will include Patientory among the top 50 competitors, MedTech Innovator will hold its competition finals at The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed in San Jose, Calif., on 26th September 2017. The four finalists will make their pitches on the plenary main stage, and as part of the exciting finale, the audience will decide the winner of the cash prize and the title of MedTech Innovator 2017.
Patientory continues to demonstrate their suitability for investment, announcing their token sale last week. Pre-sale commitment levels are unprecedented and Patientory are expecting sales of the PTY crypto-token to sell out quickly when the token sale goes live May 17. To find out more, please see here: http://patientory.com/token-sa
Patientory is an advanced healthcare app that lets users create a patient profile to keep track of their health history. The free to use app provides patients an easy and hassle free way of tracking doctor visits, medical bills, personal medical information, insurance, immunizations and pharmacy medications.
The company has a strong Blockchain management team and a broad based advisory board that spans both healthcare and business expertise including Shawn Wilkinson, CEO of the Blockchain company Storj.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019