Patientory, a Blockchain healthcare tech start-up revolutionizing how patients track their health history, attended the 2017 Southeastern Medical Device Association Conference (SEMDA) in Atlanta last week, where they won top prize in the SEMDA PitchRound competition, and now go on to the 2017 MedTech Innovator Showcase in September and have a chance to compete in the $500K competition.
MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. The organization partnered with SEMDA, a regional non-profit association that provides resources to accelerate device development and achieve commercial success with access to funding, education, and networking opportunities for medical device companies in the southeastern United States.
Patientory emerged as this year’s most highly investable company, fighting off tough competition from five other companies in the final PitchRounds, scooping $10,000 investment from SEMDA and a $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship for their vision to deliver a patient-centered protocol supported by Blockchain technology that will empower individuals to manage their health records in a format that offers true interoperability and security.
Patientory Founder & CEO Chrissa McFarlane said:
“It was such an honor winning the SEMDA 2017 pitch competition and the $2,500 MedTech Innovator Scholarship, I’m still in awe! SEMDA not only serves as the central connecting hub for the Southeast medtech community, but has been a fantastic platform for us to connect with investors, suppliers, and specialists to help accelerate our vision.”
Jason Rupp, Executive Director, Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) said:
“The SEMDA PitchRounds competition is a year-long program designed to bring the best companies in the southeast together at the SEMDA annual conference. We’ve been delighted by the incredible amount of interest in this this program and look forward to building it in our partnership with Medtech Innovator. While many know about Blockchain technology’s uses for financial services, Patientory’s pitch demonstrated and convinced the judges of its exciting potential for new, innovative uses in health care.”
In addition to the MedTech Innovator Showcase, which will include Patientory among the top 50 competitors, MedTech Innovator will hold its competition finals at The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed in San Jose, Calif., on 26th September 2017. The four finalists will make their pitches on the plenary main stage, and as part of the exciting finale, the audience will decide the winner of the cash prize and the title of MedTech Innovator 2017.
Patientory continues to demonstrate their suitability for investment, announcing their token sale last week. Pre-sale commitment levels are unprecedented and Patientory are expecting sales of the PTY crypto-token to sell out quickly when the token sale goes live May 17. To find out more, please see here: http://patientory.com/token-sa
Patientory is an advanced healthcare app that lets users create a patient profile to keep track of their health history. The free to use app provides patients an easy and hassle free way of tracking doctor visits, medical bills, personal medical information, insurance, immunizations and pharmacy medications.
The company has a strong Blockchain management team and a broad based advisory board that spans both healthcare and business expertise including Shawn Wilkinson, CEO of the Blockchain company Storj.
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020