Monolith Studio’s TokenCard closed its token launch Tuesday, May 2, 2017, after exceeding its crowdsale goal in mere minutes. TokenCard is the first debit card powered by smart contracts incorporating the VISA payments network with Ethereum. It immediately gained attention in the Ethereum community after its announcement and quickly reached and surpassed contribution goals for this one-of-a-kind project. For the first time, token holders will be able to use Ether as well as other ERC20 tokens to purchase items anywhere that accepts VISA debit cards.
TokenCard’s successful token creation event on May 2nd also marked the release of a new ERC20 token called TKN. In another first, the May 2 crowdsale was funded by not only Ether, but also a variety of other ERC20 tokens. As added reward, Monolith partnerships with Digix Global, SingularDTV and Swarm City allowed their token holders to receive a 5% bonus on all contributions made in DGD, SINGLS and SWT.
“We’re very happy with the success of the TokenCard launch and excited to bring the power of the Ethereum economy to the general public,” said Mel Gelderman. “The fantastic TokenCard technology was delivered by New Alchemy, and we appreciate the support of other projects in our industry.”
Monolith Studio partnered with New Alchemy to make this token launch a great success. New Alchemy is a market leader in boutique Blockchain consulting and investment. Powered by deep experience in cryptocurrency, the elite team at New Alchemy provides unmatched smart contracts expertise to guide and deploy successful token launches and other smart contracts projects for its clients. New Alchemy proudly continues its partnership with Monolith Studio to bring the TokenCard to token enthusiasts around the globe.
“Mel and David have been intensely focused on TokenCard so it’s great to see their work pay off in such an awesome way,” said Peter Vessenes, founder of New Alchemy and contributor to TokenCard. “It’s thrilling to help them through this initial launch phase, and I can’t wait to see the product at release.”
For more information, visit http://tokencard.io/.
Monolith Studio was founded by Mel Gelderman and David Hoggard. Monolith Studio is a Web3 venture production studio exploring innovative ways to realize the potential of Ethereum. Monolith’s first product, TokenCard, combines Ethereum smart contracts and VISA payments capabilities into a debit card usable around the world. For more information, please visit www.monolith.ventures or http://tokencard.io/.
New Alchemy is a premier Blockchain consulting and investment group with a distinguished expertise in cryptocurrency and commerce. Our experienced team blends unbeatable Blockchain skill with practical business know-how to implement our clients’ groundbreaking products and services. Contact us today at [email protected] or find out more at https://newalchemy.io/.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019