Monolith Studio’s TokenCard closed its token launch Tuesday, May 2, 2017, after exceeding its crowdsale goal in mere minutes. TokenCard is the first debit card powered by smart contracts incorporating the VISA payments network with Ethereum. It immediately gained attention in the Ethereum community after its announcement and quickly reached and surpassed contribution goals for this one-of-a-kind project. For the first time, token holders will be able to use Ether as well as other ERC20 tokens to purchase items anywhere that accepts VISA debit cards.
TokenCard’s successful token creation event on May 2nd also marked the release of a new ERC20 token called TKN. In another first, the May 2 crowdsale was funded by not only Ether, but also a variety of other ERC20 tokens. As added reward, Monolith partnerships with Digix Global, SingularDTV and Swarm City allowed their token holders to receive a 5% bonus on all contributions made in DGD, SINGLS and SWT.
“We’re very happy with the success of the TokenCard launch and excited to bring the power of the Ethereum economy to the general public,” said Mel Gelderman. “The fantastic TokenCard technology was delivered by New Alchemy, and we appreciate the support of other projects in our industry.”
Monolith Studio partnered with New Alchemy to make this token launch a great success. New Alchemy is a market leader in boutique Blockchain consulting and investment. Powered by deep experience in cryptocurrency, the elite team at New Alchemy provides unmatched smart contracts expertise to guide and deploy successful token launches and other smart contracts projects for its clients. New Alchemy proudly continues its partnership with Monolith Studio to bring the TokenCard to token enthusiasts around the globe.
“Mel and David have been intensely focused on TokenCard so it’s great to see their work pay off in such an awesome way,” said Peter Vessenes, founder of New Alchemy and contributor to TokenCard. “It’s thrilling to help them through this initial launch phase, and I can’t wait to see the product at release.”
For more information, visit http://tokencard.io/.
Monolith Studio was founded by Mel Gelderman and David Hoggard. Monolith Studio is a Web3 venture production studio exploring innovative ways to realize the potential of Ethereum. Monolith’s first product, TokenCard, combines Ethereum smart contracts and VISA payments capabilities into a debit card usable around the world. For more information, please visit www.monolith.ventures or http://tokencard.io/.
New Alchemy is a premier Blockchain consulting and investment group with a distinguished expertise in cryptocurrency and commerce. Our experienced team blends unbeatable Blockchain skill with practical business know-how to implement our clients’ groundbreaking products and services. Contact us today at [email protected] or find out more at https://newalchemy.io/.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020