The Bancor Protocol, a new Blockchain project that plans to introduce a novel standard for the creation of intrinsically-tradeable cryptocurrencies or ‘Smart Tokens’, has announced the addition of mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld to its advisory board.
“I was skeptical at first about the merit in trying to come up with new ways to provide market liquidity. As I explored Bancor’s approach, I was pleasantly surprised to realize the value it can bring, as simple as its main ideas are,” said Meni Rosenfeld. “Bancor can offer real advantages over previously known systems, and I’d like to help it do so. This is why I accepted an advisory role and am looking forward to being an active mentor to the team and initiative.”
Rosenfeld is a mathematics M.Sc. graduate of the Weizmann Institute of Science. After completing his studies in 2009, Mr. Rosenfeld became the head of research at SimilarWeb, where he was in charge of developing algorithms for measuring connections between websites and analyzing web traffic. He discovered Bitcoin in early 2011 and soon after founded Israel’s first Bitcoin exchange service, Bitcoil, while performing mathematical research on the algorithms that underlie the functioning of the Bitcoin and blockchain system.
He became chairman of the Israeli Bitcoin Association in 2013 and will advise Bancor executives as the company develops its technical solution for the liquidity challenge faced by the long tail of cryptocurrencies.
“We’re honored to have a professional of Mr. Rosenfeld’s stature and expertise on the Bancor Protocol advisory board,” said Guy Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor. “Meni has already been an invaluable asset as we composed our white paper and token pricing formulas, and we look forward to his guidance as we continue to build Bancor.”
The startup will also be launching an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) also known as a Token Sale or Crowdsale will begin on May 30, 09:00 GMT.
The Bancor protocol is a standard for the creation of Smart Tokens, a new category of cryptocurrencies which are intrinsically tradable. Starting on the Ethereum public blockchain, Bancor utilizes a new method to enable built-in price discovery and an automatic liquidity mechanism for Smart Tokens, without the need for matching two parties in an exchange. The Bancor Protocol creates a new type of interconnected asset exchange ecosystem, and unlocks the long tail of user-generated currencies. To learn more, please visit: www.bancor.network/
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019