The Bancor Protocol, a new Blockchain project that plans to introduce a novel standard for the creation of intrinsically-tradeable cryptocurrencies or ‘Smart Tokens’, has announced the addition of mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld to its advisory board.
“I was skeptical at first about the merit in trying to come up with new ways to provide market liquidity. As I explored Bancor’s approach, I was pleasantly surprised to realize the value it can bring, as simple as its main ideas are,” said Meni Rosenfeld. “Bancor can offer real advantages over previously known systems, and I’d like to help it do so. This is why I accepted an advisory role and am looking forward to being an active mentor to the team and initiative.”
Rosenfeld is a mathematics M.Sc. graduate of the Weizmann Institute of Science. After completing his studies in 2009, Mr. Rosenfeld became the head of research at SimilarWeb, where he was in charge of developing algorithms for measuring connections between websites and analyzing web traffic. He discovered Bitcoin in early 2011 and soon after founded Israel’s first Bitcoin exchange service, Bitcoil, while performing mathematical research on the algorithms that underlie the functioning of the Bitcoin and blockchain system.
He became chairman of the Israeli Bitcoin Association in 2013 and will advise Bancor executives as the company develops its technical solution for the liquidity challenge faced by the long tail of cryptocurrencies.
“We’re honored to have a professional of Mr. Rosenfeld’s stature and expertise on the Bancor Protocol advisory board,” said Guy Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor. “Meni has already been an invaluable asset as we composed our white paper and token pricing formulas, and we look forward to his guidance as we continue to build Bancor.”
The startup will also be launching an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) also known as a Token Sale or Crowdsale will begin on May 30, 09:00 GMT.
The Bancor protocol is a standard for the creation of Smart Tokens, a new category of cryptocurrencies which are intrinsically tradable. Starting on the Ethereum public blockchain, Bancor utilizes a new method to enable built-in price discovery and an automatic liquidity mechanism for Smart Tokens, without the need for matching two parties in an exchange. The Bancor Protocol creates a new type of interconnected asset exchange ecosystem, and unlocks the long tail of user-generated currencies. To learn more, please visit: www.bancor.network/
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019