Fermat, the decentralised, blockchain and graphchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People (IoP), today announced their partnership with Cicada, a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform. The project joins Fermat to drive continued development in decentralization.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat is building the world’s only infrastructure with an open social graph, decentralized APIs, and direct device-to-device communication. The Internet of People is designed to make it more cost-effective for businesses to scale globally by removing unnecessary intermediaries, promising to make transactions of the future inherently less expensive and more secure.
“Fermat is above all an alliance of values, which is striving to create a more decentralised world where people’s privacy is respected and power is held accountable. It is our aim to collaborate with projects like Cicada, which share these values and furthermore support our fundamental principles of diversity and personal liberty,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
“We have a strong belief in communities and collaboration. Each of these projects take a particular approach to analyzing the problems and focus on certain areas. By joining forces, we end up working with a more holistic approach and are able to deliver better and more comprehensive solutions. This is exactly the case with Cicada – a project which has completed a significant amount of work analyzing the issues of identity, reputation and governance,” added Molina.
Founded by system architect Daniel Jeffries, Cicada is a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform which aims to revolutionise governance on a global scale. It uses a privacy-guaranteeing, decentralized identity and a novel proof of work that promises to deliver a universal basic income and provide immunity against mining centralization.
“Partnering with Fermat was the natural choice for us. There was an instantaneous connection from the start. Our ideas and values overlap in so many ways. The leaders of both teams knew right off the bat that we’d be stronger together. Cicada will help Fermat with getting decentralized IDs right, along with the reputation system, as well as building the first killer apps for the Internet of People. Working in a silo only gets you so far. To really flourish you need to work together towards a higher goal, and that’s what this partnership is all about,” said Daniel Jeffries, Founder of Cicada.
“The collaboration is having a huge impact on Fermat’s analysis of our Governance 3.0 system. By integrating Cicada’s concepts into the Internet of People’s identity, reputation, and governance solutions, our platform becomes stronger, and at the same time we ensure that Cicada will be able to use the platform to achieve their own goals. It’s a win – win collaboration,” said Molina.
In addition to developing partnerships, the Fermat Community has also continued to grow, with over 40 Chapters opening since February 2017, bringing the current total to 107 worldwide, including in Australia, UAE, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, USA and across Europe.
“Fermat and Cicada working together is a much stronger package that the sum of individual parts. Synergy happens at multiple levels, including a renewed capacity to attract more people, communities and projects. We strongly believe in collaboration over competition and that organisations, sharing the same values, can work together to achieve outstanding success. We expect a lot more projects to join forces generating substantial momentum within the industry,” concluded Molina.
For more information on Fermat and the Internet of People, visit: http://www.fermat.org.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019