Aragon, the decentralized management platform for companies, today announced a partnership with ShapeShift, a leading digital asset exchange, ahead of its token sale commencing tomorrow, May 17 2017. The integration will enable Aragon buyers to participate in the token sale with over 45 different cryptocurrencies on the ShapeSshift platform, including Bitcoin, Ether, Dash, and Litecoin. Amongst the line-up of Aragon pre-sale buyers are ICONOMI and CoinFund.
Built on Ethereum, Aragon is the first management tool developed specifically to disintermediate the creation and maintenance of companies all around the world. With a new type of company emerging, Aragon is building the tools for a next generation of decentralized organizations without corporeal and geographic forms. Aragon’s platform will implement fundamental features such as cap table management, governance, fundraising, payroll, and accounting, supporting all areas of company management.
Co-Founder and Project Lead at Aragon Luis Cuende said:
“ShapeShift is known throughout the crypto space as one of the best digital asset exchanges. Featuring many of the leading Blockchain tokens, ShapeShift will provide Aragon buyers with a fast and simple way to participate in our sale with a multitude of different cryptocurrencies.”
Founded in 2014 by Erik Voorhees, ShapeShift is a digital exchange enabling global trading of a variety of digital assets via web and mobile platforms without the need for email, passwords, sign ups or bid and ask orders.
“Aragon is pioneering the change in organizational structures, redefining how companies are managed worldwide. At ShapeShift we strive to align ourselves with companies that further advance and broaden the usage of Blockchain technology and are delighted to play a role in Aragon’s upcoming token sale,” said Erik Voorhees, founder and CEO of ShapeShift.
With Aragon Core, a minimally-specified organization will be able to run on the Ethereum network. A Module system will be implemented in order to enable further functionality to be built on top. Fully decentralized organizations will be able to take advantage of the Aragon Network (AN), the first decentralized autonomous organization whose goal is to act as a digital jurisdiction, making it easy for organizations, entrepreneurs, and buyers to operate. The mission of the network will be the development of the Aragon Core contracts, contract upgradability services for all Aragon Core contracts with a built-in bug bounty mechanism, and a decentralized court system.
To kickstart the network, an uncapped number of tokens will be sold during Aragon’s month-long token sale starting tomorrow, May 17, 2017 and concluding June 14, 2017. All funds raised from this initial sale, in the form of Aragon Network Tokens (ANT), will be used to continue building the Core and to build the Network.
Entering into the token pre-sale as institutional partners are ICONOMI and CoinFund. In addition, Aragon welcomes a number of individual pre-sale contributors including Joe Urgo, Director of Operations for Ethlance and Danielle Levi, Co-Founder of Stampery. Early contributors, presale partners and advisors will acquire tokens which vest over time through smart contracts, a novel concept for a token sale.
“As a team we are dedicated and committed to the long term success of the project. Therefore, the Aragontoken sale will be one of the first to restrict Founder and early contributor rewards with tokens which vest using smart contracts. We believe vesting should become a de-facto standard for all Blockchain projects,” added Cuende.
Aragon’s founders were recognized as tech prodigies from an early age. In 2008 at age 12, Aragon Co-Founder and Project Lead, Luis Cuende, started his first free software project, a Linux-based operating system. At just 15 years old, HackFwd named him “Best Underage European Programmer.” Cuende has been featured on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list, is a MIT TR35, and was a former Advisor to the VP of the European Commission. Most recently, Cuende co-founded Stampery, a Blockchain data certification startup backed by renowned venture capital firm Draper Associates, buyers in companies such as Tesla, SpaceX, Skype and Baidu.
Aragon advisors include Kenny Rowe, Chief Operations Officer of the Dai Foundation, and Jake Brukhman, Co-Founder of CoinFund. In addition, the recently published Aragon Network whitepaper was peer-reviewed by over 25 industry-renowned individuals including executives at ConsenSys, Zeppelin, Coinbase, Union Square Ventures, and BoostVC.
“Aragon will use the large portion of the funds collected from the token sale to hire talented developers forAragon, while also undertaking extensive quality assurance efforts such as funding audit and bug bounty programs,” concluded Cuende.
Since April, the number of Aragon organizations deployed to the testnet has grown from 770 to more than 2,500. In addition, the Aragon Slack channel now comprises over 2,130 community members, having risen from 510 in less than a month.
The platform is available for Linux, MacOS, Windows and web browsers. For more information visit https://aragon.one/.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019