Bloq, a leader in the development of enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, has launched BloqLabs to expand its ongoing sponsorship and support of critical open source projects in the bitcoin and Blockchain ecosystems.
“In the 1900s, Bell Labs become known as the ‘The Idea Factory’ for global telecommunications,” said Jeff Garzik, CEO and Co-founder of Bloq. “BloqLabs can set the tone for the Blockchain era and ensure enterprises are tapping into every innovation from our vibrant community of developers.”
BloqLabs launches with several foundational projects and platforms being supported and developed by Bloq, in addition to its own technology. These projects include: Drivechains, Qtum, VeriBlock, bitcoinj and the Android Bitcoin Wallet.
Andreas Schildbach, developer at Bloq and a fixture in the bitcoin community for developing the first bitcoin wallet for Android, maintains the bitcoinj repository primarily used in bitcoin wallets and transaction services globally.
“Open source is at the core of Bloq’s DNA, as both a patron and developer,” said Schildbach. “I’m grateful for Bloq sponsoring work in open source Blockchain software.”
Paul Sztorc is an economist at Bloq and chief architect behind Drivechains, a technology that allows a given Blockchain system to temporarily mimic the properties of a rival, which ensures complete interoperability among all Blockchain networks.
“The record is clear: open source is the way to go – it’s better, faster, and more secure,” said Sztorc. “I’m thrilled to have Bloq sponsor the project, few companies are this generous.”
“Businesses have been exploring Blockchain technology for years now, but without widespread adoption. BloqLabs aligns with Qtum’s goal to bridge the gap between the business and technical worlds with open-source solutions that meet the commercial needs for privacy, security, and most importantly, usability,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project.
In the last 5 months, Bloq has acquired Blockchain analytics pioneer Skry and co-launched Vulcan Digital Asset Services, a platform to enable digital assets to be used for everyday banking, commerce and asset related services, with PwC Australia.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020