Bloq, a leader in the development of enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, has launched BloqLabs to expand its ongoing sponsorship and support of critical open source projects in the bitcoin and Blockchain ecosystems.
“In the 1900s, Bell Labs become known as the ‘The Idea Factory’ for global telecommunications,” said Jeff Garzik, CEO and Co-founder of Bloq. “BloqLabs can set the tone for the Blockchain era and ensure enterprises are tapping into every innovation from our vibrant community of developers.”
BloqLabs launches with several foundational projects and platforms being supported and developed by Bloq, in addition to its own technology. These projects include: Drivechains, Qtum, VeriBlock, bitcoinj and the Android Bitcoin Wallet.
Andreas Schildbach, developer at Bloq and a fixture in the bitcoin community for developing the first bitcoin wallet for Android, maintains the bitcoinj repository primarily used in bitcoin wallets and transaction services globally.
“Open source is at the core of Bloq’s DNA, as both a patron and developer,” said Schildbach. “I’m grateful for Bloq sponsoring work in open source Blockchain software.”
Paul Sztorc is an economist at Bloq and chief architect behind Drivechains, a technology that allows a given Blockchain system to temporarily mimic the properties of a rival, which ensures complete interoperability among all Blockchain networks.
“The record is clear: open source is the way to go – it’s better, faster, and more secure,” said Sztorc. “I’m thrilled to have Bloq sponsor the project, few companies are this generous.”
“Businesses have been exploring Blockchain technology for years now, but without widespread adoption. BloqLabs aligns with Qtum’s goal to bridge the gap between the business and technical worlds with open-source solutions that meet the commercial needs for privacy, security, and most importantly, usability,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project.
In the last 5 months, Bloq has acquired Blockchain analytics pioneer Skry and co-launched Vulcan Digital Asset Services, a platform to enable digital assets to be used for everyday banking, commerce and asset related services, with PwC Australia.
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019