Bloq, a leader in the development of enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, has launched BloqLabs to expand its ongoing sponsorship and support of critical open source projects in the bitcoin and Blockchain ecosystems.
“In the 1900s, Bell Labs become known as the ‘The Idea Factory’ for global telecommunications,” said Jeff Garzik, CEO and Co-founder of Bloq. “BloqLabs can set the tone for the Blockchain era and ensure enterprises are tapping into every innovation from our vibrant community of developers.”
BloqLabs launches with several foundational projects and platforms being supported and developed by Bloq, in addition to its own technology. These projects include: Drivechains, Qtum, VeriBlock, bitcoinj and the Android Bitcoin Wallet.
Andreas Schildbach, developer at Bloq and a fixture in the bitcoin community for developing the first bitcoin wallet for Android, maintains the bitcoinj repository primarily used in bitcoin wallets and transaction services globally.
“Open source is at the core of Bloq’s DNA, as both a patron and developer,” said Schildbach. “I’m grateful for Bloq sponsoring work in open source Blockchain software.”
Paul Sztorc is an economist at Bloq and chief architect behind Drivechains, a technology that allows a given Blockchain system to temporarily mimic the properties of a rival, which ensures complete interoperability among all Blockchain networks.
“The record is clear: open source is the way to go – it’s better, faster, and more secure,” said Sztorc. “I’m thrilled to have Bloq sponsor the project, few companies are this generous.”
“Businesses have been exploring Blockchain technology for years now, but without widespread adoption. BloqLabs aligns with Qtum’s goal to bridge the gap between the business and technical worlds with open-source solutions that meet the commercial needs for privacy, security, and most importantly, usability,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project.
In the last 5 months, Bloq has acquired Blockchain analytics pioneer Skry and co-launched Vulcan Digital Asset Services, a platform to enable digital assets to be used for everyday banking, commerce and asset related services, with PwC Australia.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019