Blockchain startup Bancor has announced the addition of long-time fintech entrepreneur and investor Yoni Assia to the Bancor Protocol advisory board. As founder and CEO of eToro, the world’s largest social trading and investment network, Yoni brings with him years of insights and successful company building experience in the fields of finance, trading, Blockchain and social networks, all central to Bancor’s product vision and ecosystem development.
“I am very excited to join the Bancor advisory board and to promote the protocol and its benefits. This technical solution for token exchange will create massive efficiencies in the new financial world which may help speed up adoption and the transition from the traditional economy we are all waiting for” said Mr. Assia.
Between 2007 and 2013, the company raised $31.5 million in four rounds of funding. In December 2014, eToro raised $27 million from Russian and Chinese investors.
Yoni has been active in cryptocurrency since 2010, and started the Colored Coins protocol in 2013. He then hosted Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum, at the eToro offices in the early days of Colored Coins’s development, after which he took this concept successfully forward with Ethereum. Yoni is a well known speaker on the future of finance, fintech and Blockchain.
In his spare time, Yoni is developing a new currency concept that will promote a more fair distribution of wealth in society. He is also the father of 3 children and husband of Mor Assia, founder of iAngels.
“We couldn’t be more honored to have a seasoned entrepreneur like Yoni join us on the Bancor journey. We have worked side by side in the industry for years and are finally combining our efforts for the good of users everywhere who will benefit from continuously liquid smart tokens” said Guy Benartzi, CEO of Bancor.
To read more about the Bancor Protocol, please visit www.bancor.network
To read more about Yoni Assia, please visit https://twitter.com/yoniassia
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019