Blockchain startup Bancor has announced the addition of long-time fintech entrepreneur and investor Yoni Assia to the Bancor Protocol advisory board. As founder and CEO of eToro, the world’s largest social trading and investment network, Yoni brings with him years of insights and successful company building experience in the fields of finance, trading, Blockchain and social networks, all central to Bancor’s product vision and ecosystem development.
“I am very excited to join the Bancor advisory board and to promote the protocol and its benefits. This technical solution for token exchange will create massive efficiencies in the new financial world which may help speed up adoption and the transition from the traditional economy we are all waiting for” said Mr. Assia.
Between 2007 and 2013, the company raised $31.5 million in four rounds of funding. In December 2014, eToro raised $27 million from Russian and Chinese investors.
Yoni has been active in cryptocurrency since 2010, and started the Colored Coins protocol in 2013. He then hosted Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum, at the eToro offices in the early days of Colored Coins’s development, after which he took this concept successfully forward with Ethereum. Yoni is a well known speaker on the future of finance, fintech and Blockchain.
In his spare time, Yoni is developing a new currency concept that will promote a more fair distribution of wealth in society. He is also the father of 3 children and husband of Mor Assia, founder of iAngels.
“We couldn’t be more honored to have a seasoned entrepreneur like Yoni join us on the Bancor journey. We have worked side by side in the industry for years and are finally combining our efforts for the good of users everywhere who will benefit from continuously liquid smart tokens” said Guy Benartzi, CEO of Bancor.
To read more about the Bancor Protocol, please visit www.bancor.network
To read more about Yoni Assia, please visit https://twitter.com/yoniassia
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019