Blockchain startup Bancor has announced the addition of long-time fintech entrepreneur and investor Yoni Assia to the Bancor Protocol advisory board. As founder and CEO of eToro, the world’s largest social trading and investment network, Yoni brings with him years of insights and successful company building experience in the fields of finance, trading, Blockchain and social networks, all central to Bancor’s product vision and ecosystem development.
“I am very excited to join the Bancor advisory board and to promote the protocol and its benefits. This technical solution for token exchange will create massive efficiencies in the new financial world which may help speed up adoption and the transition from the traditional economy we are all waiting for” said Mr. Assia.
Between 2007 and 2013, the company raised $31.5 million in four rounds of funding. In December 2014, eToro raised $27 million from Russian and Chinese investors.
Yoni has been active in cryptocurrency since 2010, and started the Colored Coins protocol in 2013. He then hosted Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum, at the eToro offices in the early days of Colored Coins’s development, after which he took this concept successfully forward with Ethereum. Yoni is a well known speaker on the future of finance, fintech and Blockchain.
In his spare time, Yoni is developing a new currency concept that will promote a more fair distribution of wealth in society. He is also the father of 3 children and husband of Mor Assia, founder of iAngels.
“We couldn’t be more honored to have a seasoned entrepreneur like Yoni join us on the Bancor journey. We have worked side by side in the industry for years and are finally combining our efforts for the good of users everywhere who will benefit from continuously liquid smart tokens” said Guy Benartzi, CEO of Bancor.
To read more about the Bancor Protocol, please visit www.bancor.network
To read more about Yoni Assia, please visit https://twitter.com/yoniassia
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019