As the global P2P lending market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 53.06% during the period 2016-2020, the need for a secure, Blockchain based way of lending is growing steadily. Moreover, lending between participants from different parts of the world is now accessible.
ETHLend, a 100% decentralized peer to peer lending platform, is a decentralized application (DAPP) developed upon the Ethereum Network and they believe they can reduce friction in the global lending market.
The process is simple. Instead of lending FIAT currencies, users use Ether, a crypto-currency that runs the Ethereum Blockchain network. Since lending is decentralized, the loans are running on Blockchain, which means that once deployed, no one can manipulate, change or prevent the loans (not even ETHLend), thus providing security by design.
Secured loans. The borrower uses ERC-20 compatible tokens that may represent any value as a collateral for loans. Alternatively, borrower may use Ethereum Name Service (ENS) domains as a collateral. Today ERC-20 tokens are valued over few billion USD and ENS domains contain locked Ether that is rising near to a billion USD. As these figures are increasing astronomically, demand for decentralized crypto-lending will boom.
ETHLend’s Smart Contracts ensures – anywhere, anytime – immediate secure lending and borrowing possibilities, stimulating lenders and borrowers quicker than any known financial institution on the planet, according to the team.
The believe they can also reduce interest rate differences between different parts of the world by providing global liquidity pool by peer to peer.
With their first loan completed on 8 June, ETHLend is already working hard and efficiently to give everyone the ability for decentralized lending. One of the major advantages of Blockchain-based decentralized lending is the fact that it offers accessibility to global capital and reduces the dependence on bank procedures or even the access to banking infrastructures in developing countries.
The power of tokenization. In the near future, the borrower might buy a house in the UK, place the house on ERC-20 compatible token to represent the value of the house and pledge the token for a loan on ETHLend. Instead of settling for local lenders, the borrower can access funders across the world, adding more competition on interest rates. Tokenization could be used similarly to fund a solar power plant, buildings, tuitions or even a purchase of a dog.
ETHLend consists of an international team committed to change the world’s perspective on access to credit and micro-credit. The ETHLend team aims to provide more democracy to lending by removing interest rate differences between different nations by providing more liquidity when there are less excessive barriers on lending.
More details on what ETHLend is developing at http://about.ethlend.io
Contribute to the project on Slack
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018