InvestFeed, a community-powered stock trading network, is making the ambitious move to drop U.S. equities from its platform and to replace them with high-performing, highly-liquid digital currencies. The New York-based firm, which launched in 2014, made the decision to pivot to Blockchain-based assets due to a growing demand from its 15,000+ users, as well as the explosive growth of the $100 billion USD cryptocurrency industry. investFeed will be perhaps the world’s first company to create a single platform combining a next-generation social investing network, incentivized information sharing, digital asset trading analytics and insights, and an advertising hub for new Blockchain companies seeking public exposure.
CEO of investFeed Ron Chernesky said:
“Our strong belief in the future of cryptocurrencies prompted our decision to pivot from equities to decentralized digital assets. We feel that investFeed’s future should fully embrace the greatest technological breakthrough since the Internet. We decided to refocus our offering in order to take advantage of the vast opportunities in crypto, including the exponentially-growing number of people globally interested in trading, finding accurate ticker prices, and seeking out peer ideas. After opting out of a $5 million dollar traditional raise, we think there is a superior way to fund development, a Token Generation Event (TGE).”
In contrast to the majority of new token sales conducted in 2017, investFeed will conduct a token sale capped at the relatively low 28,000 ETH maximum. Participants will be issued the majority of FEED tokens immediately after the TGE. The tokens will be released within 90 days of the raise, and 2.5% will go to the creation of the new investFeed platform, 5% will go to the Core Team, 1.5% will go to a bounty and rewards system, 2% will go to the advisors, and the participants will receive the remainder.
“Our TGE will provide us with the minimum we need to construct the platform, keep it sustainable, and rapidly grow our community. In this process we have discovered the public’s immense interest in what we are doing. Our advantage is that investFeed is already an established social network, with 78% of our user base being experienced stock traders. Coincidentally, a large portion of these stock traders reached out to us directly expressing a desire to include cryptocurrencies and other Blockchain-based assets and opportunities on our platform. We are confident that our product will become the most popular marketplace and community hub for cryptocurrency startups, traders, enthusiasts, and news junkies,” said Chernesky.
CTO of investFeed Andrew Freedman said:
“The switch from equities to cryptocurrencies will also target a millennial user base that has shown disinterest in traditional investments. According to Bankrate, only one in three millennials has invested in the stock market. Millennials are more excited by this new technology because they feel empowered by the ability to participate in markets without traditional third-party interference.”
investFeed has published a comprehensive white paper describing its pivot, the new platform features, their product roadmap, and mechanics of the token sale.
“We have always prided ourselves on being an open, honest, and transparent organization, as well as one willing to listen and adapt to an evolving community and industry. We are adding a team of dedicated developers to accelerate the platform roll-out, redesigning our investFeed app that is already available on Android and iOS, conducting a complete UI makeover and integrating multilingual support. investFeed will be the epicenter for cryptocurrency social, market data, crowd sentiment, breaking news, information on existing/trending/new projects, as well as have integrated asset portfolio/order management and sharing capabilities,” said Freedman.
FEED token holders will be able to spend their FEED on accessing premium content like highly-rated or high-performing trader insights, an ad-free experience, and boosting or promoting their own content.
Serving on investFeed’s board of advisors are Head of Asset Management & Tech at Fortress Investments Gary Dmitriev; renowned cryptocurrency consultant George Samman; and Founder of Triple Integral Financial Services Tarryn Valle. investFeed will commence its Token Generation Event on July 23. The FEED token architecture has passed a comprehensive viability audit and was developed on the Ethereum ERC20 standard.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020