InvestFeed, a community-powered stock trading network, is making the ambitious move to drop U.S. equities from its platform and to replace them with high-performing, highly-liquid digital currencies. The New York-based firm, which launched in 2014, made the decision to pivot to Blockchain-based assets due to a growing demand from its 15,000+ users, as well as the explosive growth of the $100 billion USD cryptocurrency industry. investFeed will be perhaps the world’s first company to create a single platform combining a next-generation social investing network, incentivized information sharing, digital asset trading analytics and insights, and an advertising hub for new Blockchain companies seeking public exposure.
CEO of investFeed Ron Chernesky said:
“Our strong belief in the future of cryptocurrencies prompted our decision to pivot from equities to decentralized digital assets. We feel that investFeed’s future should fully embrace the greatest technological breakthrough since the Internet. We decided to refocus our offering in order to take advantage of the vast opportunities in crypto, including the exponentially-growing number of people globally interested in trading, finding accurate ticker prices, and seeking out peer ideas. After opting out of a $5 million dollar traditional raise, we think there is a superior way to fund development, a Token Generation Event (TGE).”
In contrast to the majority of new token sales conducted in 2017, investFeed will conduct a token sale capped at the relatively low 28,000 ETH maximum. Participants will be issued the majority of FEED tokens immediately after the TGE. The tokens will be released within 90 days of the raise, and 2.5% will go to the creation of the new investFeed platform, 5% will go to the Core Team, 1.5% will go to a bounty and rewards system, 2% will go to the advisors, and the participants will receive the remainder.
“Our TGE will provide us with the minimum we need to construct the platform, keep it sustainable, and rapidly grow our community. In this process we have discovered the public’s immense interest in what we are doing. Our advantage is that investFeed is already an established social network, with 78% of our user base being experienced stock traders. Coincidentally, a large portion of these stock traders reached out to us directly expressing a desire to include cryptocurrencies and other Blockchain-based assets and opportunities on our platform. We are confident that our product will become the most popular marketplace and community hub for cryptocurrency startups, traders, enthusiasts, and news junkies,” said Chernesky.
CTO of investFeed Andrew Freedman said:
“The switch from equities to cryptocurrencies will also target a millennial user base that has shown disinterest in traditional investments. According to Bankrate, only one in three millennials has invested in the stock market. Millennials are more excited by this new technology because they feel empowered by the ability to participate in markets without traditional third-party interference.”
investFeed has published a comprehensive white paper describing its pivot, the new platform features, their product roadmap, and mechanics of the token sale.
“We have always prided ourselves on being an open, honest, and transparent organization, as well as one willing to listen and adapt to an evolving community and industry. We are adding a team of dedicated developers to accelerate the platform roll-out, redesigning our investFeed app that is already available on Android and iOS, conducting a complete UI makeover and integrating multilingual support. investFeed will be the epicenter for cryptocurrency social, market data, crowd sentiment, breaking news, information on existing/trending/new projects, as well as have integrated asset portfolio/order management and sharing capabilities,” said Freedman.
FEED token holders will be able to spend their FEED on accessing premium content like highly-rated or high-performing trader insights, an ad-free experience, and boosting or promoting their own content.
Serving on investFeed’s board of advisors are Head of Asset Management & Tech at Fortress Investments Gary Dmitriev; renowned cryptocurrency consultant George Samman; and Founder of Triple Integral Financial Services Tarryn Valle. investFeed will commence its Token Generation Event on July 23. The FEED token architecture has passed a comprehensive viability audit and was developed on the Ethereum ERC20 standard.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019