CakeCodes, a Blockchain adtech company with 930,000+ users being rewarded in cryptocurrency for trying new products, games, and apps, has today announced a Token Generation Event (TGE) for its ERC-20 utility token STORM.
STORM is intended to be the token for CakeCode’s decentralized global micro-job marketplace called StorMarket. The TGE, which will commence on August 15, 2017 and conclude on September 14, 2017, has a $5 million USD minimum threshold and a $50 million USD maximum cap.
The STORM utility tokens will be sold through a revolutionary hybrid crowdsale mechanism, in which $40 million will be available to participate through an Ethereum smart contract and $10 million worth of tokens can be obtained through one of the world’s largest digital asset exchanges, Bittrex. In a related announcement, Blockchain and mobile industry leaders including Bittrex Founder and CEO Bill Shihara and Unbank Ventures Founder Brett Noyes have joined CakeCodes Board of Advisors to advance the project.
CakeCodes CEO Simon Yu said:
“Following the tremendous and continued international success of CakeCodes’ first project BitMaker, we are excited to combine our expertise in mobile, digital advertising, and Blockchain to create StorMarket: a frictionless, decentralized, inclusive, and global ecosystem for micro-task listings. As the utility token for StorMarket, STORM will revolutionize the peer-to-peer job market by providing democratic access to resources and contracts via a user-friendly mobile application.
“StorMarket lets users rate and review each other based on ease of collaboration, quality of work produced, and the overall experience at the time of contract completion. This means companies can gain insight into the skill levels of potential contractors and the highest-performing individuals are duly rewarded,” Yu added.
The StorMarket platform will enable anyone to request services, such as website development or video editing, and select available, appropriately-skilled workers to complete tasks. Workers that successfully bid and complete designated contracts will earn STORM utility tokens, which are automatically distributed by the platform via an Ethereum smart contract.
Simon Yu said: “By eliminating layers of intermediaries, StorMarket will help to reduce operational inefficiencies, unnecessary administrative tasks, and costs of job listings for companies, while promoting equal opportunities for anyone to bid for jobs from anywhere in the world. This kind of democratization has never been seen before and will open up the market to international collaboration with experts in unprecedented ways.”
In addition, StorMarket users can be rewarded STORM utility tokens by testing apps and discovering bugs in companies’ products and services. This provides a viable opportunity for companies to perform quality assurance testing of millions of different devices around the world for a fraction of the cost and time needed for internal testing. STORM will also be integrated into CakeCodes’ BitMaker app.
The crowdsale represents the first effort by a technology company to deploy a hybrid crowdsale mechanism that will make the TGE more easily and widely accessible. Of the $50 million cap, $40 million in tokens will be purchased through an Ethereum smart contract, while the remaining $10 million in STORM tokens will be available through the Bittrex exchange. This revolutionary system will provide a greater number of potential users with the opportunity to participate in StorMarket.
Bittrex Co-Founder and CEO Bill Shihara said:
“We are proud to partner with CakeCodes on their crowdsale. They have a successful business model which is enhanced through their STORM token. Their method of token distribution makes significant strides toward leveling the playing field for participating in token crowdsales.”
CakeCodes’ Board of Advisors includes some of the Blockchain and mobile industries’ most respected figures including Co-Founder and CEO of Bittrex Bill Shihara, Unbank Ventures Founder Brett Noyes, Transbiotech CEO Ivan Braiker, Symmetry Consulting Inc. President and Principal Jon Nolz, and CEO of Kooapps Chun-Kai Wang.
Bill Shihara co-founded Bittrex in 2014, one of the world’s most important digital currency exchange supporting over 191 active different cryptocurrencies. Shihara has 15 years’ experience in leading cybersecurity and security architecture roles at Amazon, Microsoft, and Blackberry.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019