The Swiss-based Pillar Project, organised by Twenty Thirty AG, reports that it sold Pillar Tokens worth $12 million in its first hour of sale on Saturday July 15. The sale is live at www.pillarproject.io and the sale closes at 8:00 PM UK time Monday July 17 2017 or when tokens worth $50 million have been sold.
Speaking on a live YouTube video stream from the Pillar Project Mission Control, the initiative’s founder, David Siegel said:
“The surge of website visitors at the start of the sale at 8:00 AM BST was such that the www.pillarproject.io site was down for 20 minutes. The up-side is that the 8,000 people on our mailing list had the advantage of being the first group able to buy Pillar Tokens.”
“We had over 6,000 participants in the first hour and the feedback is exceptionally positive, with people glad to be part of a movement that will change the world for the better. The average transaction value was $2,000. We welcome the individuals who truly believe in our project as they are most likely to hold on to their tokens and play an active role in the Pillar community.
“What’s made our campaign stand out is the strong interest from the wold’s most respected Crypto-vloggers including Jake Brukhman from Coin Fund, Avi Mizrahi from Finance Magnates and Joe (JSnip4) from Realistic News. This is truly a social media-led campaign that has struck a chord with people who want to regain control of their personal data.
“I’m asking our Pillar evangelists to share the news about the Pillar Token sale with their friends, family and community, to assist in getting the message out.”
The Personal Data Locker
The new Pillar wallet will hold people’s assets and become their personal digital assistant – a personal dashboard – powering all their devices. The Pillar wallet is run by Pillar tokens that can be used to fund payments around the web.
The serial entrepreneur and author David Siegel said:
“I’ve been trying to get the personal data locker funded for 20 years, so I’m witnessing the slowest overnight success in the personal identity community.
“We now have the chance to invent the world from scratch now, at a time when citizens are suffering from app fatigue and cybercrime is at an all-time high, with no antidotes to infection on the horizon.
“We are getting rid of accounts, so you will just have your personal data locker on your phone and all of your assets will be on the Blockchain. You will never need to log in with your credit card. Instead you will just send the tokens that are ‘good to go’ for any services you need.
“We will also replace apps with services, managing personal data with a smooth interface.
“Crucially, the Pillar token (symbol: PLR) is the meta-token that’s your unit of account. Furthermore, we want to be a hub and are happy to integrate with other identity schemes. For example, an organisation such as the UN could create their own Pillar wallet and use their own ID system and ‘bake it in’.
“Businesses currently put a lot of money into apps and services. If you have a broker, you are paying for numerous different interfaces and screens. Instead, this can all be turned into APIs and the Pillar Wallet will handle the consumer experience.”
The people behind Twenty Thirty AG’s vision is to secure the funding and in September 2017 set up a Blockchain Innovation Hub in London, which will house a community of open source programmers focussing on the consumer interface experience.
The Pillar project will start as an open-source digital wallet to hold all assets – health records, financial records, money, ownership of things, resumé, and much more. All the ownership will be on various Blockchains, with an individual’s password, replacing numerous accounts. Then, the personal assistant will help find what people are looking for and interact with many digital services automatically. As people travel, buy things, eat, consume media, use services – the personal data locker will pay its way ‘as you go’, without having to log into hundreds of apps.
The Pillar system will use its own native utility token, called the pillar (symbol: PLR). The pillar is a meta-token.
David Siegel added:
“The current token sale craze means that tokens are going to be everywhere, used for everything from identity to energy to coffee to golf.
“The Pillar wallet manages all those tokens for you ‘automagically,’ so you only see and deal with pillars, even though there could be hundreds of tokens underneath. By launching a meta-token, we’re telling consumers they will have a single interface into their digital lives.
“We’re starting with a wallet, but we’re aiming for iOS and Android. Look at your phone – all your apps are miniature desktop apps that trap your data and keep your credit-card number on their servers. The apps don’t talk to each other, so when you want to do something, you end up using several apps.
“The Pillar system has no apps. It uses tokens, smart contracts, and a growing ecosystem of online services that let you pull the information you want, find what you’re looking for, buy what you need, manage the ownership, and interact with hundreds of other systems easily. We will be the ‘easy button’ and it will be on the handset in 10 years.
“Because the personal data is decentralised and stored in secure Blockchains, it is of little interest to hackers, providing high-level security. We want to provide solutions to people that are magically easy to use. Our job is to communicate, to understand the customer and get over many of the user experience and brand hurdles. We will build the core system and it will be open source and we will partnership with many others. We will not be ‘tech-first’, we will be ‘people first’.
The Pillar Token Sale hopes to raise $50 million to build an open-source personal-data ecosystem. After a successful Token Sale, the team will set up the UK’s first Blockchain-only innovation centre in London.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017