KickCity, a revenue generating Event Startup that plans to disrupt the event industry is introducing KICK – a decentralized, transparent and reward-based event token. KICK will be used for ticket purchasing, reward-based event promotion, event community building and will be available for trading in the exchange market. The company hopes to raise more than $7 million during the ICO (Initial Coin Offering).
“The first generation of the digital revolution brought us the Internet of information. The second generation — powered by Blockchain technology — is bringing us the Internet of value: a new platform to reshape the world of business and transform the old order of human affairs for the better”- Don & Alex Tapscot.
The Event industry is in need of disruption with multiple problems like:
- expensive ticket price due to high transaction fees from banks and credit card companies;
- ineffective non-transparent advertisement / expensive event promotion campaigns;
- ticket touting, reselling and availability of fake tickets.
KickCity will allow for the development of a universal token for events — ‘KICK’ and KickCity protocol which is composed of Ethereum Smart Contracts will allow for the development of a decentralized event platform and promotion asset, ticket processing and transactions and event community building. An ideal solution for the event industry where all the participants in the marketplace are satisfied.
KickCity – is a community-based social event platform for event organizers and attendees. For the past year, ‘KickCity, Inc.’ has focused on building community around events, providing event organizers with tools to create, promote and monetize their events.
- a ‘Y Combinator’ Startup School alumni
- operates in several continents
- the first event platform that accepts Bitcoin payments for events
Using Blockchain, KickCity plans to connect event organizer with attendees without third party interruption like banks (for processing), provide a trust system and allow effective marketing.
KickCity recently received grant from the Helsinki Government and also is currently discussing cross-platform integration with big Russian telecommunication giant.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019