GSX Group Limited, the parent of GSX Limited, which operates the Gibraltar Stock Exchange, is pleased to announce a new shareholder, Cyberhub Fintech Holdings Limited.
Following the approval of the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission, Cyberhub Fintech has successfully acquired a strategic ownership stake of the share capital of GSX Group. Cyberhub Fintech is part of the Broctagon Group, one of the most dynamic fintech groups in Asia.
The investment signals the Gibraltar Stock Exchange’s continued commitment to expand its capital markets network and influence in Asia as well as its ambition to become one of the world’s first regulated exchanges to fully integrate use of blockchain into its operational processes from ICO to IPO.
Commenting on the transaction, Nick Cowan, MD of GSX said:
“We are delighted to have Cyberhub Fintech as part of our Group. The transaction clearly demonstrates high confidence in the jurisdiction, despite Brexit, as well as recognition of the Government of Gibraltar’s and the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission’s initiatives to establish Gibraltar as a global fintech hub. Our operational influence and network now extends to Hong Kong and Singapore and we look forward to working with Ben and the team to establish and grow an Asian–European capital markets pathway.”
Benjamin Soh, Chairman of Cyberhub Fintech, expressed that:
“During my numerous visits to Gibraltar this year, I have been deeply impressed by the vision and commitment shown by the Government, the proactivity shown by the regulator and the warm welcome offered to me by all Gibraltar stakeholders. I am incredibly excited for us to now be actively involved in the Gibraltar Stock Exchange’s plans to establish itself as the next generation global exchange”.
The GSX Group owns GSX Limited which operates the Gibraltar Stock Exchange, one of the world’s newest regulated stock exchanges. GSX operates two markets, a regulated Market (the “Main Market”) and an exchange-regulated Market (the “Global Market”). It has established a reputation as a robust yet fast to market regulated platform for a variety of capital market products and is expanding to leverage Gibraltar’s proposed Distributed Ledger Technology regulatory framework.
“The investment in GSX is excellent news both for GSX and Gibraltar and an important vote of confidence in our Jurisdiction,” Commerce Minister Albert Isola commented.
“As Gibraltar moves towards regulating Fintech in its innovative and unique manner, we welcome quality firms to Gibraltar who have already excelled in this space and who will work with us to further develop this sector. These are exciting times with much international interest in our regulatory programme.”
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020